Home gyms: What do you use?

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
I have an Olympic bench. It was $29.99 from Walmart but it's definitely Olympic. I'm still a fat cunt though so I might be doing olympic bench wrong.

The prairie is 4 minutes run from my front door, so running on that is my home gym.

I'm envious, I was wanting to do a thread like this, but couldn't think of a good title. Running through my head was:

• What kind of orange juice squeezer does everyone use?
  • When you snap your fingers, do you use your third phalange or your fourth?
  • When talking on the cell, which ear does everyone prefer?
  • Has anyone ever been outside Florida? What's that like?

I got a climbing spray wall, rowing machine, gymnastic rings aaand free weights (barbells x 2, kettle bells x 10 with a power rack).

only got weights up to 200kgs, looking to buy 2x50kgs more (only maxing the weighs on deadlift currently, so not really necessary but makes the loading of the barbell easier to have heavier weights than I currently have).

I got a climbing spray wall, rowing machine, gymnastic rings aaand free weights (barbells x 2, kettle bells x 10 with a power rack).

only got weights up to 200kgs, looking to buy 2x50kgs more (only maxing the weighs on deadlift currently, so not really necessary but makes the loading of the barbell easier to have heavier weights than I currently have).

I'm not seeing any Olympic bench here. All aboard the failboat.

Climbing walls are awesome. I made a half-assed one in the garage, and neighbors still lined up to have a turn at it.

I thought we already talked about this in another thread. Buying gym equipment is a waste of space at your place. Need more than a bench to work out. You pay for a gym membership and use the equipment. Yes, you have to go there to use it, so you find a gym nearby.

Rich people do this, put stuff in their place that's better to rent. Bowling alleys, basketball courts, gyms, movie theaters, fancy kitchens, boat. Why? I get that one may have the money and you only live once. But some of these things require a lot of work to maintain.

Prices for the gym have dropped. Why? Because in the past they did contracts and sign up fees, people stopped going. But this is changing with gyms charging $10 a month with no contracts or fees. It's how I work out at the city gym, which I posted pictures of in another thread.

Last edited:
Climbing walls are awesome. I made a half-assed one in the garage, and neighbors still lined up to have a turn at it.

agreed. My favorite workout currently. Luckily the fingers can take like 3 good sessions a week so i got time for other working out as well :D

Yeah I can't bench much now, shoulders are fucked. You'll have noted my god-like pecs from the photo though. Arnold keeps asking me how I got them like that without an Olympic bench.

I thought we already talked about this in another thread. Buying gym equipment is a waste of space at your place. Need more than a bench to work out. You pay for a gym membership and use the equipment. Yes, you have to go there to use it, so you find a gym nearby.

Prices for the gym have dropped. Why? Because in the past they did contracts and sign up fees, people stopped going. But this is changing with gyms charging $10 a month with no contracts or fees. It's how I work out at the city gym, which I posted pictures of in another thread.

Truthballs from NGFM. Protop: don't be a member of a gym 800 miles away.

Yeah I can't bench much now, shoulders are fucked. You'll have noted my god-like pecs from the photo though. Arnold keeps asking me how I got them like that without an Olympic bench.

yea what's up with that. I can overhead press with no problems or clean and jerk. But regular bench is causing strain and little pain on the shoulders. Narrow grip works fine though.

My gym membership is $1300 annually. My trainer is another $700 a month. You pay $10 a month, you're gonna look like $10 a month.

I've never lifted weights; all my strength stuff is auto-resistant exercises. I was encouraged to add squats years ago, but I ended up with Arnold Schwarzenegger legs in less than a month and they slowed me down. I actually stopped cycling in summer for the same reason.

yea what's up with that. I can overhead press with no problems or clean and jerk. But regular bench is causing strain and little pain on the shoulders. Narrow grip works fine though.

Shoulders are complicated and get fuccked up easily. Old people shit. Dumbells with a more neutral/ closed grip.

Last edited:

Rich people do this, put stuff in their place that's better to rent. Bowling alleys, basketball courts, gyms, movie theaters, fancy kitchens, boat. Why? I get that one may have the money and you only live once. But some of these things require a lot of work to maintain.

or you find a friend or two and neighbors who slowly agree to go into buying equipment together and you condense you powers into gymbro

Back