PC gaming nerds enter here

I've only purchased one VA panel in my life (recently) and the motion blur was such dogshit I couldn't play a game for 2 hours before swapping back to my TN panel.

Your mileage may vary.

I've only purchased one VA panel in my life (recently) and the motion blur was such dogshit I couldn't play a game for 2 hours before swapping back to my TN panel.

Your mileage may vary.
Reviews covered this aspect and deemed it a great monitor. I'll put it through its paces, I can always exchange it... But damn this got expensive quick.

Someone school me on these fancy nvme drives plz i know nothing about it

PC comes with a 500gb m2 nvme drive

I'm probably gonna go full hog downloading games and blow thru the few hundred gigs quickly. Whats the correct path? Get a traditional ssd for games and data storage?

keep windows on the m2 for now along with a couple of your most-played games, put the rest on a SSD mule

personally ive got 2 1tb m.2 drives running in raid0 (so the PC just sees it as 1 big 2tb drive) with everything on them and its unreal fast but when i set it up a little over 2 years ago it cost me about 500 bux to do it

Do the games benefit much from being on the m2 drive instead of a sata sdd?

Im thinking I'd have windows and my core programs and current active work files (not too large) on the m2, everything else including games on a secondary drive.... Maybe? Not efficient?

Do the games benefit much from being on the m2 drive instead of a sata sdd?

Im thinking I'd have windows and my core programs and current active work files (not too large) on the m2, everything else including games on a secondary drive.... Maybe? Not efficient?

i havent seen a loading screen in the 2 years since i moved to this setup tbh

even cyberpunk @ max settings my game is loaded before the loading screen even fully materializes

I'm probably gonna go full hog downloading games and blow thru the few hundred gigs quickly. Whats the correct path? Get a traditional ssd for games and data storage?
I'd get another NVMe drive (if the mobo has a slot for it), like 256GB and just put Windows on it, everything else on the 500GB one (games, pictures, drivers, installers, whatever).

NVMe are ultra-fast SSDs.

Ok boys one more retard question (of many to come??)

Do the 2.5 ssd drives come with power and sata cables? Or will my case likely already have extra leads? Buying a 1TB WD Blue...

For my new rig, I have 2 - 1tb m.2, and 1 - 2tb m.2. I am not running anything in RAID - just standalone drives.

The m.2 drives plug into the PCIe bus which the transfer rate is wayyyyyy faster than any standard SSD can perform. I don't know the actual numbers for the 2 style of drives, but the bottleneck being the SATA cable used to the SSD. If you do a lot of read/write, the m.2 drive will make a dramatic difference. Even at post, PC boots in a few seconds. And yes, games will run better on them - everything does.

I use a 1tb for all software
I use the other 1tb for all my files
I use the 2tb for my music and music creation files.

If your mobo can seat additional m.2 drives, fill those slots. I don't think I can ever go back to a standard SSD. Well, unless I need a massive storage drive, then I would get one.

Total shot in the dark here but wouldn't having multiple drives on the pci bus effectively cut down the transfer rate for all those devices? I suppose even if I'm right and the rate is cut by X % it's still probably faster than SATA

WAY faster. Boot time from pushing the button to seeing every icon on my desktop is about 7 seconds, with a Crucial1Tb drive.

There might be a motherboard that can support more than one, but I've never seen that.
There are, i just can't tell if mine is one. Doesn't seem like it in the pics either but I dunno shit about these drives

dec2a2baaccfa27ae21911d0141e6615.jpg

No, that has just the one. Your m.2 drive will go under that black vertical rectangle at the upper left. Remember to pull the plastic protection off of it before you screw it in.

Nah it's the little fucker to the top right of the upper pci slot.... But yeah looks like only one.

Ok. SATA secondary for me...

Back