[SO] The government is shut down...

you're the worst

blame corporations and money infecting politics
we're the only country that has elections that start advertising and shit fucking 2 years out
i think the norm is a few months

it shouldnt cost 1 billion dollars to elect the president
air time should be free for x amount of debates
ads should be killed. you want to talk trash about your fellow candidates? do it on live tv during 5 mandatory debates that air on all the major networks

thats a small price the networks get to pay for being billionaire crazy corporations that dont do their jobs correctly in informing america

fuck

fuck you fenafneagn

Interesting idea here:
How to kill ObamaCare and save the GOP | Fox News

It's too long and rambly to quote in toto.

this is what they have been asking for, the repubs have said this since before the shut down,have labored on this point but very few were listening in amongst all the mud slinging, business and congress are exempt, certain special interests groups are exempt. Those that aren't exempt are the american public at-large , we must buy or pay the fine. I mentioned this in several earlier posts.

They can't it's already law.

...and due to this stupid fucking action they'll likely lose seats next election.

And yet even after that law was passed and gone through the supreme court aproval on the taxation part of it guess what happened, that's right, that's when Obama put the exemptions in after being pressured by lobbyists from unions and big business. That is a talking point the media isn't that interested in highlighting. If he can arbitrarily through an executive order change the law to allow for exemptions for special interests he can at the same time turn around and make those exemptions for everyone, he won't, he knows it will die when it's not mandatory because the revenue won't flow if people don't sign up.

the whole act hinges on the fact that people are encouraged (coerced through tax fine) to take advantage of this 'wonderful service' to help defray the cost of healthcare for the ill.

the act generates a cost of trillions to the tax payer over the next ten years, so not only are you paying for health care, you are paying extra taxes to support it and if it fails health care insurance costs go up, health care costs go up. We are already seeing rising premium costs across the board, the insurance companies are not stupid, they know this is going to bite into their profits.

how you can think this is good for the budget or the economy is beyond me.

The repubs said the day of the shutdown, make the public exempt and we will pass it through.

:spineyes:

>> all political donations public
>> no corp. donations, we the people, not we the people and business....
>> like to see lobbyist activities made public also from one end (registered lobbyist or the other political visitor rolls)

the act generates a cost of trillions to the tax payer over the next ten years, so not only are you paying for health care, you are paying extra taxes to support it and if it fails health care insurance costs go up, health care costs go up. We are already seeing rising premium costs across the board, the insurance companies are not stupid, they know this is going to bite into their profits.

how you can think this is good for the budget or the economy is beyond me.

IIRC the CBO said that its cheaper than the status quo
and the only reason the ACA is so shitty is because it was watered down so significantly by Congress that it does little of value beyond extending health care to those that can't currently afford it or dont qualify for it.

So Putrid you agree they can't retroactively change the bill that has been passed into law just because.

Thanks for that insight.

Um, pretty sure they can because they're Congress and that's kinda their job.

Welcome to 9th grade civics class.

No, you aren't the first person to bring it up in this sort of discussion.

Oddly it is still law, the other folks also complained about them putting it in with other bills which I found truly :rofl: funny since it is a very common practice by both parties.

Again... next and Thanks for playing.

corporations have rights (thanks to the supreme court and it's interpretation of free speech) so they have the right to make campaign contributions. and i think that corporations are also allowed to spend more than individuals.

love - american style

yet more lip flapping... is this all you guys have?

Cause god knows thinking isn't common place.

That is fair enough, you don't care about the perceptions people form based on the manner you post which is cool and all since that is pretty much the only basis we have to form opinions on here. Nice little method you devised to insulate yourself.

That is fair enough, you don't care about the perceptions people form based on the manner you post which is cool and all since that is pretty much the only basis we have to form opinions on here. Nice little method you devised to insulate yourself.

Aren't I allowed to base mine on their posting habits?

Yeah, go review those...then get back to me with your complaints of my post.

:ftard:

Aren't I allowed to base mine on their posting habits?

Yeah, go review those...then get back to me with your complaints of my post.

:ftard:

Of course, lots of people post like frothing retards, you just refuse to accept that you are one of them. The manner in which you post and argue detracts from whatever point you are trying to make. Keep validepring it up though, if that is what gets your rocks off. Everyone else will just think you are a sad old man.

ICkidtoucher about to melt yet again because only HE understands everything. After all, he reads SCIENCE.

See that's that whole thing about, just because you say it doesn't make it true scoob.

In your group I think teletubby melted down just yesterday.

but your post does make a point in my column.

Thanks for that scoob.

Back