[Fuck] ATI

Plasmatic

Contributor
Veteran XX
ATI radeon hd 3200 for Windows Vista 64 bit. I tried downloading the driver from the ATI site, but the download manager stops the download at 19mb of 69 and calls is complete. :fu: ATI can't even do drivers right.

I refuse to use download managers.

They're made by the worst of the worst companies.

Use Google, you don't have to download it from their site.
I know, but what the fuck is wrong with ATI that they can't put together decent drivers. I had to find another work around for the installer on the last machine I fucked with that had ATI hardware. Put that shit in a zip so any windows user can use it. I don't need a fancy ass installer with a download manager. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34ilc9u.jpg

Every time I buy ATI, I think, "maybe this time they got their act together". Well, after my last ATI, I decided to stick with NVidia no matter what benchmarks say. I'm not making that mistake again. I've had a much better experience with Nvidia's cards overall compared to ATI's.

I haven't had a single issue out of my XFX 5870 :shrug:

ATI makes better cards, they just seem to have a horrible track record with their drivers. :shrug:

The latest drivers on the website for the 5870 were easy to install and haven't given me any trouble though. :shrug:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I have a HD4870 and haven't had a single issue with the card or keeping up with the latest drivers in 2 years now.

Remember to erase every trace of the previous drivers before doing an update.

I have a HD4870 and haven't had a single issue with the card or keeping up with the latest drivers in 2 years now.

Remember to erase every trace of the previous drivers before doing an update.
Driver Cleaner Pro works great for that.

Uninstall the old drivers > Reboot into Safe Mode > Run DCP > Reboot > Install the new drivers

Every time I buy ATI, I think, "maybe this time they got their act together". Well, after my last ATI, I decided to stick with NVidia no matter what benchmarks say. I'm not making that mistake again. I've had a much better experience with Nvidia's cards overall compared to ATI's.
I decided a LOONG time ago not to ever get a computer with ati again. Every time I encounter one I am confirmed. This one is in a co-workers laptop that was bsoding on boot. Looks like some vista update broke the driver.

I haven't had a single issue out of my XFX 5870 :shrug:

ATI makes better cards, they just seem to have a horrible track record with their drivers. :shrug:

The latest drivers on the website for the 5870 were easy to install and haven't given me any trouble though. :shrug:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

and as long as their drivers blow i wont touch ATI with a stick held by moker.

Back