[Fuck] ATI

It's funny that everyone is sticking to their guns that ATI drivers are horrible.

I'm in two betas and one alpha right now for random games, and only the Nvidia people are having issues with random crashing and artifacts and etc. The developers keep requesting fixes from Nvidia (they use new graphics engines) but Nvidia keeps putting them off or giving them fixes that cause more problems. :(

I haven't had a single problem out of my 5870 since I've bought it. It's ran every game perfectly at max settings. :shrug:

^ lol at that pic... even your AV is making ATI:lol:driver jokes

Personally, I'm just going to wait till the next 8800gt comes out. There's nothing that my current card won't run so I'm cool.

That's Google Chrome, does that for every executable file that you want to download.

Anyway, ATi is king of the hill (and has been for 3 years now), and the drivers are fine. People who keep talking about the drivers being problematic are probably the same ones who still think nVidia is the best card to get.

It's funny that everyone is sticking to their guns that ATI drivers are horrible.

I'm in two betas and one alpha right now for random games, and only the Nvidia people are having issues with random crashing and artifacts and etc. The developers keep requesting fixes from Nvidia (they use new graphics engines) but Nvidia keeps putting them off or giving them fixes that cause more problems. :(

I haven't had a single problem out of my 5870 since I've bought it. It's ran every game perfectly at max settings. :shrug:

did you ever think that you're using one card, in one computer that you use as your comparison, while some of the rest of us are using offices full of computers as comparisons?

i manage a client with 30 computers across two offices that are designed for graphical work - think Adobe prodcuts, 3ds max, cinema4d, etc. thats just one client.

at the end of the day ATI cards have more problems, a lot of which are related to drive issues, than nVidia cards.

i don't care that your one card in your one computer that you use for gaming works fine. thats not exactly a good sample to represent ATI's abilities. not that mine is a great example either, i maybe deal with 60 total computers across different clients that literally depend on their graphics cards preformance. but its certainly better than one computer used for gaming.

So I need to use google to find a working version instead of the drivers from the manufacturer website? Sounds professional.

So I need to use google to find a working version instead of the drivers from the manufacturer website? Sounds professional.
Why don't you go whine about it some more?

People have gave you solutions to your problem, take it or leave it. :shrug:

did you ever think that you're using one card, in one computer that you use as your comparison, while some of the rest of us are using offices full of computers as comparisons?

i manage a client with 30 computers across two offices that are designed for graphical work - think Adobe prodcuts, 3ds max, cinema4d, etc. thats just one client.

at the end of the day ATI cards have more problems, a lot of which are related to drive issues, than nVidia cards.

i don't care that your one card in your one computer that you use for gaming works fine. thats not exactly a good sample to represent ATI's abilities. not that mine is a great example either, i maybe deal with 60 total computers across different clients that literally depend on their graphics cards preformance. but its certainly better than one computer used for gaming.

Are any of those cards 4000/5000 series? I haven't heard any complaints from people who own those cards about drivers. :shrug:

ATI focuses mostly on the gaming side of graphics now, and Nvidia focuses more on the business side (with their Quadro and what not).

I'm not trying to say ATI is better than Nvidia or the other way around, I'm just saying the two have taken separate paths (which I'm assuming is why the games I'm testing all have problems with Nvidia cards ATM).

Are any of those cards 4000/5000 series? I haven't heard any complaints from people who own those cards about drivers. :shrug:

ATI focuses mostly on the gaming side of graphics now, and Nvidia focuses more on the business side (with their Quadro and what not).

I'm not trying to say ATI is better than Nvidia or the other way around, I'm just saying the two have taken separate paths (which I'm assuming is why the games I'm testing all have problems with Nvidia cards ATM).

well, to be honest, we don't use ATI cards and haven't for a while because of this problem. the only exception are a few sony laptops that have them because we didn't have a choice - and, like i said above, *shocker* they had significant driver issues.

thats the way it works in this business.. when you get burned by a company you stay away from them for a long time. eventually you'll give them another chance, if you see evidence showing they've solved their problem. until then you stop using their products. we can't afford to give ATI a shot every time they come out with a new generation of cards. too much time and money is wasted on the issues.

you're evidence that you haven't had issues with the recent generation's drivers, does nothing to combat the years of issues ATI has had with drivers for people who deal with multiple computers.

your comment about people 'sticking to their guns' is a little more justified than you seem to think it is.

nvidia doesn't have that problem :shrug:

well, to be honest, we don't use ATI cards and haven't for a while because of this problem. the only exception are a few sony laptops that have them because we didn't have a choice - and, like i said above, *shocker* they had significant driver issues.

thats the way it works in this business.. when you get burned by a company you stay away from them for a long time. eventually you'll give them another chance, if you see evidence showing they've solved their problem. until then you stop using their products. we can't afford to give ATI a shot every time they come out with a new generation of cards. too much time and money is wasted on the issues.

you're evidence that you haven't had issues with the recent generation's drivers, does nothing to combat the years of issues ATI has had with drivers for people who deal with multiple computers.

your comment about people 'sticking to their guns' is a little more justified than you seem to think it is.

nvidia doesn't have that problem :shrug:
Actually I was in the same boat lol. My first card was an ATI (well technically it was a Voodoo but my first REAL card was an ATI lol) and I had tons of trouble out of it and swore I'd never go ATI again (Nvidia all the way up till my last build) until recently when Nvidia dropped the ball and all of ATI's cards perform much better for half the price.

Businesses tend to always go the safest/easiest route so I can understand in your scenario, but too many people unfairly bash ATI still even though it isn't warranted anymore (although I'll admit it took a lot of convincing from TW to get me to buy the 5870 I currently have lol). :shrug:

so you haven't used ATI cards in awhile...in other words..you have no idea what you are talking about.

we used a mix of ATI and nVidia cards when I was with the gaming company...didn't have any problems with either (ati 4xxx series of cards and nvidia 8800s)

so you haven't used ATI cards in awhile...in other words..you have no idea what you are talking about.

the office I work in doesn't have them.

except for for the 3 laptops we bought 6 months ago.

and a few clients have them, but we do not recommend them for new computers.

way read the entire thread :bigthumb:

we used a mix of ATI and nVidia cards when I was with the gaming company...didn't have any problems with either (ati 4xxx series of cards and nvidia 8800s)
good for you (?)

Back