[Hunters] This made me giggle

They've never really got it right with Hunters. They buffed the hell out of them with things that really weren't game breaking (dispell, ms) and still never solved the problem that they are useless once they are in melee.

Master's Call is going to help but really they should have given shadowstep to hunters instead of rogues; that would have balanced things much better.

They've never really got it right with Hunters. They buffed the hell out of them with things that really weren't game breaking (dispell, ms) and still never solved the problem that they are useless once they are in melee.

Master's Call is going to help but really they should have given shadowstep to hunters instead of rogues; that would have balanced things much better.

Useless in melee? It's a fucking hunter. The only melee prowess they should have is raptor striking something right as it gets to them, followed immediately by a wing clip or freeze trap to create distance again..

Useless in melee? It's a fucking hunter. The only melee prowess they should have is raptor striking something right as it gets to them, followed immediately by a wing clip or freeze trap to create distance again..

Problem with that logic is every other form of snare cc is pretty much the same as wingclip. So hunters really can't get away against warrs/rogues (rogues much more so than warriors).

maybe get a pet with a stun instead of taking a faggot scorpid in every arena.

A boar's stun (not really a stun - just stops you in place) lasts 1 second. That's not even far enough for the reach of any classes melee range.

The other stun is if you go BM, and it's every minute for 2 seconds.

Improved wingclip is pretty much negated by ShS and improved hamstring.

It's also why druid/hunter is so good. Hunters have LOTS of (gimp) ccs and druids have lots of powerful CCs, so you end up having 4-5 CCs, keeping a melee in check.

so if stuns arent good enough and TBW isnt good enough and scatter shot and frost traps and freezing traps arent good enough. What exactly do hunters want to get away? The ability to fly?

so if stuns arent good enough and TBW isnt good enough and scatter shot and frost traps and freezing traps arent good enough. What exactly do hunters want to get away? The ability to fly?

That doesn't make sense.

You can't get TBW and Scatter Shot together.

I only said hunter CCs aren't as good as people make it out to be. There's a high variety, but very short durations, making it very situational.

To expand a bit more, basically, before the expansion, hunters were designated to kill rogues/mages/soft clothy. We would get rocked by locks and to a lesser extent, warriors.

Blizzard denoted it via blue responses "The counter to rogues."

Now that's completely changed. We rock every class but rogues/warriors now. I'm not saying anything's wrong with hunters. I'm merely pointing out that those that think hunters are OP based on Aimed shot/silencing shot are nuts. The honest reason hunters are OP is because the damage output is insane when left alone.

Last edited:
Hunters are decent in 5v5 if you have someone on your team that's a better target than you are.

Outside of that, they need massive help.

Anyone arguing otherwise is a retard and/or doesn't play arena.

That doesn't make sense.

You can't get TBW and Scatter Shot together.

I only said hunter CCs aren't as good as people make it out to be. There's a high variety, but very short durations, making it very situational.

but you can chose one or the other, whatever fits your playstyle? Would you rather being unsnarable or have an extra CC?

It seems like they gave both trees the option to get away and any hunter than has trouble with it is terrible.

but you can chose one or the other, whatever fits your playstyle? Would you rather being unsnarable or have an extra CC?

It seems like they gave both trees the option to get away and any hunter than has trouble with it is terrible.

See my post directly above yours, as it sums you up perfectly.

That's because you play a mage. You assume our TBW is usable like frost nova and sheeps.

It is a 2 minute CD, lasts 18 seconds. During that time, it's easy to simply LoS the hunter in small arenas, like 2s and 3s. In 5s, people can easily outheal your extra damage.

Unlike any other class in the game, the moment you get close to a hunter, it totally negates his damage. Every class has the ability to close in on its target. But hunters don't have the ability to really get range, outside of running with a druid only.

hunter druid dominates war druid (the best team in 2's)

but i guess that means they are broken, right?

Mages cant do damage at melee range against any melee class, nor can they do damage at range against ranged classes (silencing shot, pushback + pet pushback, fellpuppy spell locks + pushback + lock resist). Blink is situational at best and frost nova is truly hit or miss with stun duration mitigation and resists.

What can a warrior really do well with other than a healer and specifically a druid, shaman war teams are really few and far between

Last edited:
hunter druid dominates war druid (the best team in 2's)

but i guess that means they are broken, right?

They definately do. A good hunter/druid can also go 50/50 against lock/druid.

But that's 2s, and a hunter's ONLY 2s partner is a druid. In 3s, you start seeing the weakness, unless you have a good hunter on your team. In 5s, they're as pessi says.

You just picked the only solid arena team hunters can be a part of. Think about the versatility of other classes: Druid/warr, Sham/warr, Paly/Warr, Druid/Rogue, Sham/Rogue, Mage/Rogue, Rogue/Rogue just to name the 2 primary melee classes.

I never said mages were perfect either dude. But this is/was a hunter thread, and I commented that what other people perceived of hunters isn't 100% true. I never played a mage so I can't speak of it. I know they're better than hunters in 5s, and that they're pretty pigeonholed in 2s to play with rogues too.

Last edited:
They definately do. A good hunter/druid can also go 50/50 against lock/druid.

But that's 2s, and a hunter's ONLY 2s partner is a druid. In 3s, you start seeing the weakness, unless you have a good hunter on your team. In 5s, they're as pessi says.

You just picked the only solid arena team hunters can be a part of. Think about the versatility of other classes: Druid/warr, Sham/warr, Paly/Warr, Druid/Rogue, Sham/Rogue, Mage/Rogue, Rogue/Rogue just to name the 2 primary melee classes.

so mages have 1 teamate as well and its far less successful than hunter/druid and is really another team hunter druid should be able to dominate.

paly/war and sham/war are ok, but none of those teams will be able to neutralize hunter druid because of the piles of cc you will throw at the war all while draining the healer.

So now its just 3's hunters are bad at i guess?

I guess i just dont think a class is broken if they have an extremely dominate team build in the most brackets, even if it is a specific pairing.

so mages have 1 teamate as well and its far less successful than hunter/druid and is really another team hunter druid should be able to dominate.

paly/war and sham/war are ok, but none of those teams will be able to neutralize hunter druid because of the piles of cc you will throw at the war all while draining the healer.

So now its just 3's hunters are bad at i guess?

You missed the point. You're looking at setups ONLY to counter hunter/druid. The setups I listed are all viable setups that go well against most teams.

Again, mages have 1 teammate and I never said mages weren't underpowered. Like most people, I think they can use some buffs, sustainability being one of them. Draining a mage is oh-so-easy.

Hunters are ok in 3s. And bad in 5s, as pessi pointed out. There's a lot of better 3s setups that don't include hunters either.

Hunters only dominate in 2s, specifically with a druid. We definately don't dominate 3s or 5s, but we do rock in BGs.

A well played sham/warrior theoretically is just as good. I'm waiting to test it out. Being able to ground cyclones and purge hots is very nice.

Last edited:
Back