[BUG] filo is experiencing 'lightspeed', rest of community asks how?

Original thread for those who missed out http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318111&page=1&pp=20

This lightspeed button that refried speaks of, is the 'q' button on your keyboard, which when coupled with an energy pack and light armor, produces and incredible forward speed, resulting in easy flag captures while requiring little to no skill.

However, refried believes it takes some immense amount of skill to hit speeds of 200+, and that only he and few elite tribers can do this.

I dunno. I was chasing down and killing those cappers without too much trouble. Hell, I caught one in the fighter pod once and that thing is slow.

Just get the skills you need to be a good chaser.

Poll, which game is it easiest to ski and cap in?

a. T1
b. T2
c. T:V

I think this question sums up the entire argument pretty easily. I await the votes, and perhaps then Refried will shut the eff up and stop being so sarcastic.

Also, I'm curious as to how a standing defense waiting around for a light capper + energy pack, can 'easily' chase down cappers going 200+ and destroy them.

filo said:
Poll, which game is it easiest to ski and cap in?

a. T1
b. T2
c. T:V

I think this question sums up the entire argument pretty easily. I await the votes, and perhaps then Refried will shut the eff up and stop being so sarcastic.
Hard to say for T:V, not everyone is good yet, so you can't really see how well a good defense can stop cappers.

Ceiling_Fan said:
I dunno. I was chasing down and killing those cappers without too much trouble. Hell, I caught one in the fighter pod once and that thing is slow.

Just get the skills you need to be a good chaser.

those were probably piss poor cappers. i am pretty good in the pod and i know for a fact there is no way in hell you are catching any capper on a route.

filo said:
Also, I'm curious as to how a standing defense waiting around for a light capper + energy pack, can 'easily' chase down cappers going 200+ and destroy them.
Discjump, epackboost, rocketpod, laser rifle, ....

JodoFett said:
I hit 220+ on every map but Cavern almost everytime.

JodoFett would be a good authority on the issue. We've all seen his capping video's, and he hasn't been playing T:V for very long, yet he dominates many people it seems.

What do you think Jodo? Compare T:V to T1/T2. Wouldn't you say it's ridiculously easy to pickup high speeds?

Back