Yay Dolphins are Extinct

i suppose we should just get used to this kind of thing happening due to china coming into the 19th century.

survival of the fittest now has to accommodate human influence

if those dolphins can't adapt to survive in the bodies of water we pollute, then they deserve to die

consider the cockroach which has survived through millenia of torture

:rofl: how is that even relevant? you might want to try considering the fact that cockroaches are an insect and dolphins are a mammal.

and to everyone saying that its justified because its "survival of the strongest"..

the greed and advacement of human pollution/interaction pretty much nulls and voids the theory of "only the strong survive". no shit only the "strong" (humans) will survive, but at the rate we're going we'll be the only mammal species left on this planet. you think humans would suddenly get strong and survive if everytime we sat down to eat some sonar ray from the clouds came down and suddenly made us get confused and not eat, or if we were being hunted in the masses? thats pretty much what the dolphins had to deal with

:rofl: how is that even relevant? you might want to try considering the fact that cockroaches are an insect and dolphins are a mammal.

and to everyone saying that its justified because its "survival of the strongest"..

the greed and advacement of human pollution/interaction pretty much nulls and voids the theory of "only the strong survive". no shit only the "strong" (humans) will survive, but at the rate we're going we'll be the only mammal species left on this planet. you think humans would suddenly get strong and survive if everytime we sat down to eat some sonar ray from the clouds came down and suddenly made us get confused and not eat, or if we were being hunted in the masses? thats pretty much what the dolphins had to deal with

people are part of the enviroment, we arent some alien variable.

evolution describes more than just natural selection.
saying evolution is responsible for the extinction of white dolphins is saying that the white dolphins evolved into something else. But they didn't get a chance to do that. so evolution isnt really the right word.

on the other hand, who fucking cares, we all knew what he meant.

doplhins who have evolved out of being white and getting killed in the face are still alive.

natural selection and evolution arent exclusive terms, natural selection is a form of evolution. Do you know what evolution is?
It doesn't work that fast. I highly doubt that any white dolphin descendants figured out how to stop being white over the past millennium of fishing.

people are part of the enviroment, we arent some alien variable.
Completely true. But: we affect the environment with such unprecidented speed. A few millennia is nothing in an evolutionary timeframe, and yet we've changed so much during that time. We're cutting down species too fast for new ones to spring up.

At any rate, think about the life forms least threatened by humans: animals like cockroaches and pigeons. If you had the choice, would you really want to trade dolphins, tigers, elephants etc for those creatures?

at least white dolphins didn't talk at the movies

I used to think the blackies were bad until one time I had a group of asians sit behind me and one guy started translating the entire fucking movie into "ching chang chong" so his friends could understand it.

Completely true. But: we affect the environment with such unprecidented speed. A few millennia is nothing in an evolutionary timeframe, and yet we've changed so much during that time. We're cutting down species too fast for new ones to spring up.

At any rate, think about the life forms least threatened by humans: animals like cockroaches and pigeons. If you had the choice, would you really want to trade dolphins, tigers, elephants etc for those creatures?

its not our decision to make, its natural

Back