Yay Dolphins are Extinct

awww invar youre such a douche. i know what that means, and for you its probably even a compliment. im pretty sure tonyeltigre meant to say natural selection? if not i guess he thinks evolution works pretty fast.
what i bolded doesn't even make sense.

p.s. natural selection is a part of evolution.

natural selection
–noun
the process by which forms of life having traits that better enable them to adapt to specific environmental pressures, as predators, changes in climate, or competition for food or mates, will tend to survive and reproduce in greater numbers than others of their kind, thus ensuring the perpetuation of those favorable traits in succeeding generations.
Compare survival of the fittest.

really? you better go fix the wiki article then:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
In biology, evolution refers to the processes that cause some traits to become more common over time. This includes pre-existing inherited traits, new traits produced by mutation, and those brought in by the migration of organisms (or lateral transfer of genes) from one population to another ("gene flow").[2]

Natural selection is the most important of these processes in evolution. Since some traits or collections of traits allow an organism to survive and produce more offspring than an organism lacking them, and genes are passed on by reproduction, those that increase survival and reproductive success are more likely to be passed on in comparison to those genes that cause neutral or relatively unfavourable traits. Therefore, the number of organisms with these traits will tend to increase with each passing generation, unless conditions change so as to make them no longer favourable.
hurry!

what i bolded doesn't even make sense.

p.s. natural selection is a part of evolution.

i meant i know what douche means, and for you thats probably a compliment. meaning for you to even get the right to clean out a rotten vag is a compliment.

you do realize that wikipedia is updated by random joes. so i could go update one and make it completely false.
Yes, I realize that, but most of the information on Wiki is right. In this case, it definitely is.

When someone says "evolution", he is undoubtedly referring to "The Theory of Evolution." Natural Selection is a part of that. You can argue till you're blue in the face about it, but at the end of the day, you would still be wrong.

Don't get mad at me because you thought you were being smart by questioning his use of the word "evolution" and I called you out on it, and now it turns out that you're wrong.

Is this white dolph extinct too? 'Cause then maybe there'd be a silver lining to this sad story...

dolphlundgren4_1143323050.jpg

Yes, I realize that, but most of the information on Wiki is right. In this case, it definitely is.

When someone says "evolution", he is undoubtedly referring to "The Theory of Evolution." Natural Selection is a part of that. You can argue till you're blue in the face about it, but at the end of the day, you would still be wrong.

Don't get mad at me because you thought you were being smart by questioning his use of the word "evolution" and I called you out on it, and now it turns out that you're wrong.

oh man. invar has thwarted my evil plan to razz tonyeltigre. yes natural selection is a process in darwins theory of evolution. you are indeed correct.

laughable would be more appropriate reffering to you still arguing in this thread.

im not arguing.... i even told invar he was right, and admitted to only trying to get a rise out of you. (which worked, i guess i got invar pretty good too)

Last edited:
Back