xbox360 slim

poof

Veteran X
im thinking of pulling the trigger. i have no console and am in need of one. what does tdub think?

it's a good choice, get it

i have a ps3 i got out of frustration of 3 xbox 360's red ringing on me but the new ones (probably) wont have those issues

Why wouldn't they burn out quicker than regular 360's? It's obvious that it's not cost effective for Microsoft to fix the issues since they haven't bothered in 4 years.

the slim actually appears to be better ventilated that it's regular size counterpart.

walmart is running a deal for a 360 arcade for $150 with a $50 gift card rebate. so there's always that.

45nm (less power, less heat), new case and motherboard design (better airflow), one large fan and quieter DVD drive to reduce noise output, reduced active and standby power draw. It should be far more reliable because of the improved thermal situation.

To the PS3:

XBL is nicer than PSN in a few ways (notably the store interface and Parties/cross-game chat) but costs money, games are always whatever you prefer.

Still doesn't have a BD drive. You could make the argument that a dedicated blu-ray player is more convenient (speed and whatever else), but you still need to factor in the extra cost if you want both. I just bought one for $100, so they're not too awful any more.

Overall, definitely a good buy if you're consoleless.

To the PS3:

XBL is nicer than PSN in a few ways (notably the store interface and Parties/cross-game chat) but costs money, games are always whatever you prefer.

I think XBL is way worse than PSN due in part to the denizens of 12 year old children screaming, swearing, talking shit, and all sorts of other crap all the time.

I think XBL is way worse than PSN due in part to the denizens of 12 year old children screaming, swearing, talking shit, and all sorts of other crap all the time.

so change your preferences so that you only hear people on your friends list. who chats with randoms online?

Yeah, but that would require me to pay for XBL again... I'm cool never paying for that shit.

I know that you don't have a problem spending your week's paycheck on XBL, but I don't sew shoes.

bumping because I'm thinking about buying an xbox360 or ps3 and i can't make a decision on my own. i have a strong desire to blow $300-$500 buying a new gaming console and a few games, then getting bored with it/them after 2 weeks.

I have all three consoles (Xbox 360- Elite, PS3, and Wii) and I think the 360 is by far the best. I just don't like the feeling of the PS3.

cyanide can i be in your posse if i get an xbox360 and rdr?

oh and when are the next generation of consoles slated to come out? I don't want to buy something i'll need to replace in a year.

Back