WTF is up with my hard drive?

Seriously was this cancer thing just a troll why aren't you dead yet?

As ive already mentioned I went into a form of 'doubtful remission'. Due to the fact the small cell metastasizing before this remission I have a poor 5 year outlook. One year has gone by thus 4 more years. I dont expect to be around very long into the future so im just ignoring my health right now.

And being that the only guy from here ive hung out with is LGBR you would have to ask him if me hawking blood all over his driveway was sufficiently convincing.

Anyway where would these images from hibernation be stored so that i can see this?

Check disk came up clean.

at the rate he claims to be losing space though?

Sure, it's Vista, and Vista is stupid.

The space isn't disappearing into thin air. Something is using it. The more free space you have, the more Vista will assign to shadow copies and system restore. Thus, they are the most likely culprit.

hdd health in question at all? any disturbing noises when data's being accessed?

also,

the drive aint that old... I had one from my tribes days that was 80 gigs and that comp is still running.

Doesnt sound bad and if anything may be more quiet that usual or i never noticed how quiet this machine is.

I deleted my system restores and such...only 2.5 gigs there.

Where could i find and delete these shadow copies or whatever they are along with stuff related to hibernation?

Could it be dwarf fortress related?... the previous night I was generating a world... the folder however only contains like 3 gigs of data.

Without running dwarf fortress today and only keeping firefox open My drive hasnt decreased... its holding at 40.8 gigs free.

wtf is going on here?

what would cause folders to be unscannable?

says i have 15% of my drive held up in these 2 unscannable folders.

-
looked deeper into it and the two folders are C: System Volume Information

and

System32\LogFiles\wmi\Rtbackup

Last edited:
what would cause folders to be unscannable?

says i have 15% of my drive held up in these 2 unscannable folders.

-
looked deeper into it and the two folders are C: System Volume Information

and

System32\LogFiles\wmi\Rtbackup
You could enable admin access for the program that you are using to see them. Log files are usually small, so it's probably just System Restore (System Volume Information) taking up that space.

Go dl astra32 and run it. Check the smart data table of your drive and look for harware ecc errors, read/write errors, seek errors. If you got all zeros and it says the health is good on top of that then the hdd is fine. Its more than likely system restore + vista being stupid like everyone else has been saying. I think newegg still has the windows 7 3 pack on sale for ~$180ish.

Back