Would you go to the middle east for a job?

I have 8 weeks of vacation banked. I hardly ever take it. Know why? Because I am a hard working motherfucker who likes to work. I get bored shitless on "vacation". Vacation is for when I "retire" - which is going to be when I die.

Why work a job that pays you well? Where's the challenge? Why not work a job that pays you jack shit, so you can't afford to not work.

Casual.

"Vacation" is a frame of mind. Not one that I subscribe to. Sure - I like a blow out long weekend in Vegas now and again. Or go to Costa Rica. But - I don't need it. It cramps my style. I like working. It's kinda like martial arts. Once you get into it at a high enough level, you want to maintain that groove.

That's what I am saying. Why in the fuck would I go to some foreign shithole to make a few more sheckels. Fuck that

"Vacation" is a frame of mind. Not one that I subscribe to. Sure - I like a blow out long weekend in Vegas now and again. Or go to Costa Rica. But - I don't need it. It cramps my style. I like working. It's kinda like martial arts. Once you get into it at a high enough level, you want to maintain that groove.

What do you do for work?

back in the 80's a recruiter latched on to me somehow

1st call - there will be a little bit of travel would that be a showstopper?

2nd call - there will be a bit more travel than i thought is that a problem?

3rd call - there is going to be a lot of travel are you negotiable?

4th call - the job is in Saudi Arabia

usually these gigs are contract - READ THE CONTRACT - if you can't handle it and run home before the term of the contract you might have to forfeit some of what you thought you could make.

its 110k/yr tax free
This lowball salary tells me it's a Tier 2 position at best, especially given the 2 year contract commitment.

you do at least 2 years there, but every 6 mos you get 2 weeks to come home.
This isn't a "benefit" so much as a requirement of your visa. You'll get a 6 month work/contractor visa and it requires you to leave country for a specific period of time before renewing (through your employer). This is pretty typical of overseas contracts and it's basically just part of the immigration law.

Thoughts?
Don't even bother unless you have no life, no hobbies, no friends, hate your family and want someone to pay you to be far away from them for the next 2 years. Find out exactly where you'll be stationed and exactly what sorts of amenities might be available. Afghanistan is basically the asshole of the planet so don't expect much in the way of civilization. Access to goods and services will be extremely limited and anything you order online will take a month to reach you if you're lucky.

Y’all need 2 stop responding seriously 2 juggerbetes

Errything straight made up

Also

Fucking lol at brasstax try harding all up in hur with the no vacation nonsense

Fool

U think that makes u sound badass but it clearly shows u a straight up fucking weirdo

I saw this on broadcast news

WASHINGTON
American workers left a record number of vacation days on the table last year—768 million days, up 9% from 2017—according to new research from the U.S. Travel Association, Oxford Economics and Ipsos.

Of the unused days, 236 million were forfeited completely, equating to $65.5 billion in lost benefits. More than half (55%) of workers reported they did not use all their allotted time off.

Study: A Record 768 Million U.S. Vacation Days Went Unused in ‘18, Opportunity Cost in the Billions
PRESS RELEASE
August 16, 2019

What? You lose them if u don't use them :rofl:

I had over 12 weeks banked up at my last job.

Also never got to use them but it did make for a nice payout when I left.

depends on the company

my dad's shitlord cali silicon valley company lets them stack, plus they add 60 days sabbatical every few years

i think he traded some of his saved time off last year for straight cash, ended up w/ a bonus that equals like 3 years of pay for me

but i still think i was right when i said as a kid that electrical engineering is 4 fags and losers imo

My Aunt was the head nurse for the Aramco Oil hospital in Saudi Arabia a while back. She worked there for probably about 10-11 years and retired from that. They paid for everything. Her place to live, food, flights for her vacations etc.

My Aunt was the head nurse for the Aramco Oil hospital in Saudi Arabia a while back. She worked there for probably about 10-11 years and retired from that. They paid for everything. Her place to live, food, flights for her vacations etc.

Pretty slick hehe

I got a call today for an IT job in afghanistan.. Here, this job would be like maybe $20/$25 an hr. Over there, its 110k/yr tax free, they pay for incidentals provide food, quarters, internet..etc. you do at least 2 years there, but every 6 mos you get 2 weeks to come home.

Sounds like its pretty much doing standard issue IT admin stuff (mostly monitoring) for military infrastructure. The wife is a little itchy about it because of the distance and possible danger. I'm on the fence about it at the moment

Thoughts?

Serious Answer: WIll this money tax free help you alot in your current situation or later in life? If yes, Then Yes.

If ur wife is gunna cheat then you just gotta decide if u give a fuck or not.

What? You lose them if u don't use them :rofl:

I had over 12 weeks banked up at my last job.

Also never got to use them but it did make for a nice payout when I left.

mine stack for like 3 years and after that I lose them

reeee

but don't worry I will fuckin use em

I spent 3 years working in Egypt but for a lot more money. It was good at the time as I didn't have a family and the company covered flights anywhere in the world on my breaks (6 weeks on 3 weeks off). Was a great opportunity to cash up and see the world. Wouldn't take it back but wouldn't do it again.

Back