Why is Enemy Territory: Quake Wars getting good reviews if it sucks so bad?

I had to run netstat b 3 or something of that nature in DOS last time when the game was running to find the range. It was a wide range though cuz it seems clientside QW just picks the 1st open one it finds. Rather shitty with a lot of routers. :( Anywho goto the 'tech' forums on the ETQW site and search 'netstat' the thread should pop up. Thats pretty much how I fixed demo problems with my router.

one time stealth posted about how battlefield 1942 was going to be the next big game

then they patched it and turned it into crap

then the next battlefield came out

i think i'll stick to playing halo3, tf2, and quake zero when it comes out

Oh, and I refuse to buy a new router for 1 god damned game.

Someone tell me that there is anything wrong with Linksys routers, or that they are shit hardware.

netstat -b 3 in DOS will show your connect but its different every server you join so pretty much you'll want to forward 1024-4000 and see if you still get errors.

Also forward port 24349. This is what PB uses.

This forum has no real good opinion on gaming anymore. It's not a gaming community, it's a forum community, like SA. There are people who play games a lot, and you don't see them posting here often: they are playing games.

i disagree

although i still play games, and consider myself a gamer, i don't have the time or motivation to be 'into it' like i used to, and i'm not really very up on all the current shit to do with gaming or computer technology etc.

i rely on TW, and it's never let me down - when people on TW rave about a new game (console or pc) and say it kicks ass, i buy it, and i haven't been disappointed yet

TW is still a repository of many old school gamers who know what they're talking about...there are plenty of idiots here too, but the rest of the internet is also populated with idiots...

It's actually a good game, but so few people actually take the time to understand it. It has alot of depth, and that's what will turn people off from it.

I can agree with that. I played the demo and I could see the potential there but to be honest I just didnt feel compelled to keep playing long enough to figure out how everything works. As it was, the game felt like a big clusterfuck being that I didnt really know wtf I was suposed to be doing half the time other than mindlessly running around killing enemies. Now if I was working for some gaming review site and was getting paid to sit around and play games all day, then I probably would have grown to like it once I figured everything out.

Back