Why i can no longer vote Republican.

Yes im alive... barely

Anyway some of you may remember ive voted republican for the last three elections but now the party is becoming something of a monstrosity. Below are some of my major problems with the GOP.

Science means nothing to the GOP: Entirely governed by faith that colors every view the GOP rejects evolution, climate change, and now even the basic biology of conception... These examples are not heavily debated within the scientific community and despite the best minds on earth concurring upon views and providing evidence the GOP would rather this and instead rely upon a poorly written book authored by goat herders 3500 out of date.

The GOP insists upon forcing their faith upon the nation: Aside from candidates needing to wear their faith upon their sleeves (in both parties) the GOP insists the things such as abortion being outlawed and creationist mythology being taught should be placed in law. The erosion of the separation between church and state is now an open objective of the GOP. The insanity and evil of forcing faith upon others while rejecting legitimate science is so over the top it is something id expect in the middle east.

Romney believes in magic underpants: This is scary enough by itself.

Fiscal conservatism is dead: Im all about fiscal responsibility in government and im not happy with the democrats either... However the Ryan budget and the expectation for magic fixing our fiscal woes is astonishing... Reducing taxes in the belief that it will increase revenue (beyond a point) had been tried when Reagan was first elected and it lead to fiscal catastrophe. I like Ayn Rand's philosophy to a certain point... but the free market is not going to perform miracles here. Current GOP budget ideas rely upon magic rather than math.

The party of No: Ban abortion, close needle exchanges, Expand the war on drugs, No sex education, and put everybody in prison... This insanity has been proven to increase problems in the drug realm and inflates our prison population per capita right up their with Iran and Saudi Arabia... Increasingly the Republican party tries to continue its push for failed ideas without even looking where the data points.

My old party wishes to get more extreme and appease the moron base... It ignores what I thought they once stood for and im disgusted. Ill vote for Obama but ill do it reluctantly because there is no sanity left in the GOP.

I agree with yah, however I will not vote for Barry, I will "throw my vote away" at the #3 people, so hopefully other parties can see they have some strength out there.

Glad you're still alive SS.

I'm with you on this. I was a registered republican when I turned 18 and was my whole life. During the '08 election I told myself if the GOP didn't get on the right track by the time I had to renew my driving license I was dropping the party affiliation. They got even worse, and now I'm unaffiliated as of this summer. I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

Gary Johnson 2012

you know why you aren't dead yet?

because your master doesn't care how long you're in pain.

hell is in no hurry to receive you. you probably won't even have a special place there.

sorry bro.

good to hear from you.

The PRES said it best, "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Yes im alive... barely

Anyway some of you may remember ive voted republican for the last three elections but now the party is becoming something of a monstrosity. Below are some of my major problems with the GOP.

Aren't you dead yet? Hurry up.

Science means nothing to the GOP: Entirely governed by faith that colors every view the GOP rejects evolution, climate change, and now even the basic biology of conception... These examples are not heavily debated within the scientific community and despite the best minds on earth concurring upon views and providing evidence the GOP would rather this and instead rely upon a poorly written book authored by goat herders 3500 out of date.

Please explain to me just what (besides the green energy boondoggle that is shoveling billions of dollars into bankrupt companies) any of that has to do with the GOP platform? Just because just one retard (backed by the democrats btw) spouted some nonsense about rape and how babies are made, you're condemning the rest of the group. I assume then you're in favor of eugenics, partial birth abortions, etc now, instead?

The GOP insists upon forcing their faith upon the nation: Aside from candidates needing to wear their faith upon their sleeves (in both parties) the GOP insists the things such as abortion being outlawed and creationist mythology being taught should be placed in law. The erosion of the separation between church and state is now an open objective of the GOP. The insanity and evil of forcing faith upon others while rejecting legitimate science is so over the top it is something id expect in the middle east.

The abortion debate isn't a debate. It's a one sided screed by the left to create a phony "war on women". Since Roe Vs Wade, both our legislative and presidential branches of government are incapable of doing fuck all to the abortion debate, except to try and stop the most extreme portions of legislation (see partial birth abortions, eugenics, etc) from being passed. As I stated above, since you're deciding to vote for people that support partial birth abortions and eugenics, I again state that you're also supporting those stances.

Romney believes in magic underpants: This is scary enough by itself.

Who is interjecting religion into this race?

Fiscal conservatism is dead: Im all about fiscal responsibility in government and im not happy with the democrats either... However the Ryan budget and the expectation for magic fixing our fiscal woes is astonishing... Reducing taxes in the belief that it will increase revenue (beyond a point) had been tried when Reagan was first elected and it lead to fiscal catastrophe. I like Ayn Rand's philosophy to a certain point... but the free market is not going to perform miracles here. Current GOP budget ideas rely upon magic rather than math.

And this tax and spend plan by obama has worked wonders. Funny, FDR tried this bullshit during the great depression, and got similar results.

The party of No: Ban abortion, close needle exchanges, Expand the war on drugs, No sex education, and put everybody in prison... This insanity has been proven to increase problems in the drug realm and inflates our prison population per capita right up their with Iran and Saudi Arabia... Increasingly the Republican party tries to continue its push for failed ideas without even looking where the data points.

Wait, just who is in charge? The dems have had ample opportunity to change every single thing you mention. They didn't. In fact, obama has doubled down on the war on drugs. For you fucking idiots that voted for obama thinking that pot and other recreational drugs was going to be legalized, all I have to say is ROFLMAO.

My old party wishes to get more extreme and appease the moron base... It ignores what I thought they once stood for and im disgusted. Ill vote for Obama but ill do it reluctantly because there is no sanity left in the GOP.

actually the GOP has been desparately trying to become more moderate, a fucking big tent party. When you try and please everyone, you please no one. Yes, there was a big surge of "tea party" candidates that got elected in 2010, and just about all of them became rank and file rinos, just like all of the others. There are only a few hard core tea party candidates that are pretty powerless to do anything.

But go ahead and believe the bullshit being pedalled out there. You'll be dead soon enough.

I am woefully ignorant of this backstory

why he not dide yet, and why is he supposed to be

someone explain to the meber :sunny:

nice extremism
why not be for first trimester abortions instead
GOP doesnt want stem cell research done, actively campaigns against evolution, and panders to a fundi christian base

Back