Why do people commit suicide?

Searagemor

Veteran XV
Especially in different situations.

I was reading a ESPN Magazine about Billy Feeney. 6'10, at on the college basketball team, and commits suicide because of his girlfriend.

I can understand more desperate reasons, but I don't get simple stuff like that, but it's hard to understand why people do what they do, and what they're thinking at the time.

Searagemor said:
Especially in different situations.

I was reading a ESPN Magazine about Billy Feeney. 6'10, at on the college basketball team, and commits suicide because of his girlfriend.

I can understand more desperate reasons, but I don't get simple stuff like that, but it's hard to understand why people do what they do, and what they're thinking at the time.

Many people find it difficult to see past situations that they are currently in, and lack the control over their emotions to realize that things will get better eventually. All they feel is lots and lots of emotional pain and they want a quick way out of it.

Social isolation is a big factor, suicides are often made by people who don't have very good social ties, those who are having trouble with their social relationships, those who feel lonely etc...

Back