Why can't rappers talk normally?

[MG]IceTT said:
1. HOTEL - I gave my girlfriend da crabs and the HOTEL everybody.

2. RECTUM - I had two Cadillacs, but my ol' lady RECTUM both.

3. DISAPPOINTMENT - My parole officer tol me if I miss DISAPPOINTMENT
they gonna send me back to the big house.

4. FORECLOSE - If I pay alimony this month, I'll have no money
FORECLOSE.

5. CATACOMB - Don King was at the fight the other night, Man,
somebody give that CATACOMB.

6. PENIS - I went to da doctor and he handed me a cup and said PENIS.

7. ISRAEL - Alonso tried to sell me a Rolex, I said Man, that looks
fake. He said, No, ISRAEL.

8. UNDERMINE - There is a fine lookin' hoe livin' in the apartment
UNDERMINE.

9. TRIPOLI - I was gonna buy my old lady a bra but I couldn't
find no TRIPOLI.

10. STAIN - My mother-in-law axed if I was STAIN for dinner again.

11. SELDOM - My cousin gave me two tickets to the Knicks game, so I
SELDOM.

12. ODYSSEY - I told my bro, you ODYSSEY the tits on this hoe.

13. HORDE - My sister got into trouble because she HORDE around in
school.

14. INCOME - I just got in bed wit dis hoe and INCOME my wife.

15. HONOR - At the rape trial, the judge axed my buddy, who be HONOR
first?

16. FORTIFY - I axed da hoe how much? And she say FORTIFY.
heh

Phantomstranger said:
It would be fine if the only time you heard it was when you listened to rap but the situation is you hear it everywhere. Might I remind you they added the faggot ass term *bling bling& to the dictionary. And anyone who defends rap has to be a black loving cock jockey.

You can blame the internet written language 100% on little 13yr old script kiddies who think they are hackers, so they write in l33t speak. then every other fucking kid caught on to it.

Funny thing though. an old black lady walked up to me in the store and said "scuze me can I ask, no wait, can I axe you a quezsheun?".

I like the music, and i am not a black loving cock jockey. If you dont like the music, TOO FUCKING BAD, cuz its gonna be around for a long time. Its not like disco. There will probably be an oldies rap station one day and i for one am looking forward to it. The funniest thing is that rappers may be morons, but you will never make anything close to the money that they do, and for that, people will be mocking what they say and not what you say. Also, you sound like a racist idiot. Different cultures speak in different ways. Some southern cultures say "ya'll or yinz" and to me they sound like fucking morons but you dont hear me talking racist shit about them.

PoorDoggy said:
Seriously. This bugs me.

Why does "there" have to become "thurr"?

"Everybody" is "Urrrbody", "Bank America" is "Bank Amurrica", etc.

Why the fuck can't they speak normally? Is it because they dropped out of school and never learned how to speak the language correctly?
Because their culture encourages the mangling of the english language.
I cannot find a reason in the world why they would want to make themselves appear to be undereducated fools and help propogate a cartoon stereotype.

If you want some well enunciated and intelligent rap, I suggest you look at some of the rappers from the U.K.
I hear they actually value intelligence over there. :shrug:

Oh and slang is a different story all together. It's still not an excuse to speak like a lobotomy patient.

koolaid.jpg

Musashi said:
no. it's not about them being black, per se. it's about the african american culture.
Holy crap i agree w/ Mushashi.

Look it's raining dead halibut! This must be the end of the world. :/

PoorDoggy said:
Seriously. This bugs me.

Why the fuck can't they speak normally? Is it because they dropped out of school and never learned how to speak the language correctly?

it's not just rappers. everyone has a little bit of culture behind how they speak. what you think is normal is strange to them and vice versa. it's like why do fucking bostonians have that weird fucking accent when they say harvard?

Neek said:
Because their culture encourages the mangling of the english language.
I cannot find a reason in the world why they would want to make themselves appear to be undereducated fools and help propogate a cartoon stereotype.

i think you're only being an ass by looking down on someone based on how they speak.

PoorDoggy said:
Seriously. This bugs me.

if yo uare talking about nelly/chingy/jkwon its cause they are jiggaboos from the midwest, and apparently thats how ghetto jiggaboos from the midwest talk.

cancer said:
i think you're only being an ass by looking down on someone based on how they speak.

It's not only accent, it's vocabulary.

The english language has half a million words.

I'm not saying anyone should know all of them, but a good chunk would be nice. You have no idea how many times I have to stop in a conversation to explain words.

cancer said:
No... I look down on them because they perpetuate a stereotype that they are undereducated fools by speaking like one. Thus damaging the general reputation of their culture as being full of ignorant fools, weather that is true or not. (not true)

Give me one reason why presenting yourself as an intelligent person by speaking in an intelligent manner is detrimental.

English skills go beyond communication. Aside from the base animalistic instincts, our thought process is in large part verbal.

If you don't have the words, you can't form the thought. Orwell knew this. that is why he invented "double-speak" for his cautionary tale.

Neek said:
No... I look down on them because they perpetuate a stereotype that they are undereducated fools by speaking like one. Thus damaging the general reputation of their culture as being full of ignorant fools, weather that is true or not. (not true)

Give me one reason why presenting yourself as an intelligent person by speaking in an intelligent manner is detrimental.

do you say thus and perpetuate in every day conversation?

PoorDoggy said:

they probably say the same of you. stop comparing different cultures, different doesn't mean bad. you're not the image of perfection either.

cancer said:
it's not just rappers. everyone has a little bit of culture behind how they speak. what you think is normal is strange to them and vice versa. it's like why do fucking bostonians have that weird fucking accent when they say harvard?

Having an accent is one thing. Talking like a complete fucking moron is something else altogether.

Back