where do you look up what car to buy

the only strat(u)s i'll be driving to work is this one
Lancia-Stratos-HF-Kulmbach-2018-6170093.jpg

Call up a couple of local tow truck companies. Ask them something like, "Im currently in a bet with my friend and we are discussing what cars break down the most, and which ones don't, and I just figured that the best answer would come from a tow truck company. What car do you pick up the most, and which car do you rarely ever see?"

Call up a couple of local tow truck companies. Ask them something like, "Im currently in a bet with my friend and we are discussing what cars break down the most, and which ones don't, and I just figured that the best answer would come from a tow truck company. What car do you pick up the most, and which car do you rarely ever see?"

Except that only tells you what there are a lot of, not what is and isn't actually reliable.

Any that are not on that list is prolly a good start.

What if a car is just so crappy that no-one's bought it? He's not going to see those. Meanwhile, a car that's ultra-reliable and hugely popular is still going to have a handful of random cases where he's needed.

It's not a particularly good measure. Insurers would have a lot more data, and would be measuring it against totals and all sorts of factors you likely wouldn't even think of to work out a risk factor for the vehicles. That'd be a better place for information, though good luck getting anything out of them ;) You could always just look up the premiums for an idea of what they think of them, though.

Like any dog, it's how you train them, and with a car, it's all about how well and who's taking care of it. I went 250k miles in my Honda prelude, took great care of it and never had any problems with it. The only thing that went wrong with my Ford ranger (in 200k miles) was, the odometer broke (under warranty).

Truthfully if you don't care one iota about form... The Mazda2 is ridiculously robust and still half decent to drive. In my tenure at Mazda we never had to repair one outside of people crashing into shit. Uncommon but really solid. This was the first generation 2013ish, not sure about the current body style.

So i drove a korean hyundai genesis g70 with the v6 and...

I think i need to have it?

340i seems vastly overpriced in comparison. I was shocked how good this car was.

So i drove a korean hyundai genesis g70 with the v6 and...

I think i need to have it?

340i seems vastly overpriced in comparison. I was shocked how good this car was.

Whats the price diff? Is that comparison apt? The g70 is a 3 series competitor?

I dunno anything about the newest cars...

Whats the price diff? Is that comparison apt? The g70 is a 3 series competitor?

I dunno anything about the newest cars...
specced the same, sticker is 72k v 58k.

I mean the 340i is obviously better but jfc

the genesis even has a limited slip diff you can tell a german was behind this thing

update because you all care about my personal life

i pulled the trigger on the genesis g70 with the v6.

They are giving me 1500$ for...my current Audi S3 lease. It's like being paid for a library book i was about to return in 2 months. I dont think anyone's paid me for something i didn't own before. So unless a piano falls on my car between now and next week i should have a new toy. I'm excited.

S3 to G70

Ok. I can dig it. Post pics when u get it, homo.

btw used car market is bonkers and they know they're gonna flip your S3 for like 10k profit FYI

S3 to G70

Ok. I can dig it. Post pics when u get it, homo.

btw used car market is bonkers and they know they're gonna flip your S3 for like 10k profit FYI
yessssss it was fairly obvious how anxious they were to get it. has only 50k on it. someone will be very happy to sell it.

im far too lazy lol

Back