When do you work out, and how often?

I go biking every day. The time mostly depends upon the time of year or weather. Usually either 5 - 7AM.

Sometimes I go running at night (usually 2 or 3 AM.)

I shoot for three times a week, normally after I get done with school/work for the day, typically 4:30.

I lift weights every other day and run on the off days. I've only been doing this a month. Times vary but I'd generally say early afternoon.

Kurayami said:
I go biking every day. The time mostly depends upon the time of year or weather. Usually either 5 - 7AM.

Sometimes I go running at night (usually 2 or 3 AM.)

Just because I'm curious do you ever get stopped by patrol cars at 2-3 am for running around? Thats just such a strange time to go.

KombatWombat said:
Just because I'm curious do you ever get stopped by patrol cars at 2-3 am for running around? Thats just such a strange time to go.
:lol:
yeah, I wish I could run but Canada is too fuckin cold. In the summer I'll be running every morning though :sunny: (5-10k distances). And is it bad to do work out both lower and upper body? (I don't wanna work out everyday, that's the thing)

KombatWombat said:
If I see any cars on the road at that hour, it is pretty abnormal.

Snoobper said:
:lol:
yeah, I wish I could run but Canada is too fuckin cold.
The cold doesn't stop me. The coldest night I went out this year was -10F. I still bike even when it's well below freezing.

The only time where "the cold" is going to be anything more than something that makes going out less than enjoyable is when you get well below zero.

I'm down in Georgia and if its under 20 degrees im saying fuck it.

But thats only happened like once in the last 10 years.

I don't work out with weights or anything. I play racquetball at least 3x a week in the mid morning and play ice hockey once a week saturday nights.

right now, I run. 5 times a week, 5 miles a day, doesn't matter what weather, except for ice, I am not running on ice. However, snow is ok.

Oh and anyone here have an 8-pack? I'm going for one, I almost had it in october (but I stopped working out), now I'm getting close once again.
The exercises I do:

1) leg lifts:
lie down on back (on carpeted floor).
raise leg (keep legs straight) like 3 inches off the ground.
lift leg up to a 90 degree angle
lower back down to 3 inches (make sure you never let your feet touch the ground
repeat

2) my special type of crunch:
once again, raise legs 3 inches off the ground
do a crunch (make sure your head isn't leaning forward)
lower back down to 3 inches off the ground
repeat

3) this one burns:
raise legs like (feet should be shoulder length apart and like a foot off the ground)
do these little circle things with your legs, do clockwise and then counter clockwise

I do like 4 sets of the first one, works lower abs, the second one is more for your upper abs, and the last one I dunno but it burns.

Maybe an average of 5 times a day for like....5-10 minutes a day.

Yeah.

Hey it's a step up from 0 times a day.

sunday night, tuesday night, thursday night
8-9pm downtown if i have time
otherwise 1am-2am all the way across town

used to do it 3x a week lifting and cardio on the off days

now im pledging and cant do ne of that unless i feel like dying :[

weights 4-5 times a week
need to get back into running a couple times a week but it's too damn cold + icy right now

I lost 21lb of fat from august 1 to end of last year by running (almost) daily for a month, then lots of hiking and moderate lifting. I've since started lifting more seriously and I've put on about 5lb, but my body fat is lower still. the goal is to get back up to the 190s with no fat gain. got about 12-15lb to go for that.

6 days a week, upper body mon-wed-fri, lower-tue-thur-sat.. cardio everyday

Back