What are you cooking for dinner tonight?

MGD+Brand+ID+Logo.jpg

A fine homemade marinara sauce with roasted garlic and tomatoes, tossed over spaghetti with some portobello mushrooms.

A fine homemade marinara sauce with roasted garlic and tomatoes, tossed over spaghetti with some portobello mushrooms.

fine homemade marinara sauce? 'tossed' over spaghetti?

So you're having spaghetti tonight, congratulations on finding the gayest possible way to tell us.

p.s. im actually having chicken thats been marinated in teriyaki sauce with some steamed rice (or brown, havent decided) and steamed broccoli.

what is your marinara recipe, if you dont mind?

Pretty similar to any other recipe you can find on the web.
I just substitute and add my own things in depending on how the mood hits me.

Usually some on the vine tomatoes, which I boil quickly and then peel and dice, but tonight, I had them roasted instead. It makes for a different flavor.

Fresh herbs such as oregano, sweet basil, bay leaves, and depending on my mood any mixture of: rosemary, sage, thyme, marjoram, parsely.

Some good, high quality olive oil. I have a small stock of seasoned oil that I sometimes use for my marinara sauces.

Garlic, of course, and plenty of it. Usually sauteed, but tonight, once again, roasted.

Depending on how I want the sauce to taste, I will add anything from this list that might compliment the flavors and essences I already have in it:
Capers, Bell Peppers, Olives, Anchovies, Mushrooms, Artichoke, Spinach, citrus fruits, nutmeg and cinnamon, and a variety of meats.

And a good red wine to give it body and depth.

Last edited:
i only had tomato soup and a baked potato tonight

im getting kinda hungry actually i might eat some ice creams

Back