Weight Lifting...Whats the word on cheap supplements?

Ripper

Contributor
Veteran X
I bought some Body fortress whey protien and creatine mix at walmart today. They were only like 13 bucks a peice. Are all wheys and creatine created equal or is this stuff likely to not be as effective

Lois: "Peter can you please pass the potatoes?"

{Peter flips over his plate}
Peter: "AAggghhh DAMNIT MEG!" {Peter punches meg in the face}

ontub.jpg

Been using this for 7+ years.

SharpShooter said:
ontub.jpg

Been using this for 7+ years.

Yeah just get that shit from GNC or online..I wouldn't trust walmart supplements too much.

BTW, supplements are generally much cheaper online compared to GNC, so always look online before going to the store.

do these supplements really work? i've been using them for over a year now and i just ran out. i dont think im gonna buy any more bc everyone i talk to says that they are just a placebo.

whatever you do, research what you're taking and find the proper amount of creatine and protein you need. Dont trust the company to mix the right amounts for your workout plan.

o and itellyouwhat, creatine is NOT a placebo

dooster said:
do these supplements really work? i've been using them for over a year now and i just ran out. i dont think im gonna buy any more bc everyone i talk to says that they are just a placebo.

Its just protein. Think of it like a multivitamin. You are probably getting way less protein in a day than you are supposed to anyway. Especially if you are working out. Your body will rebuild your muscles using protein. I don't see how this could be a bad thing.

Back