Wakeboarding

wake4.jpg

can't wait to start doing these kinds of things, course it won't be for a very long time :\

I used to wakeboard, on my friends board. His bindings were tight though.... I had to use soap just to get my feet in them. Now I don't even try to squeeze them in there. So until I get my own board, I gotta stick with kneeboarding.

WiLd_FiRe said:
Hyperlites have many many different models, what is a good model, or can i basically get ANY hyperlite model and it will be good??

And bindings, i have one question. If i got a hyperlite board, does any brand of bindings fit onto the board, or do i have to by a specific kind of binding that fits only that board?

btw whats up ss :]

You're not really going to go wrong with a Hyperlite. I would go to their site and read up there on what they recommend for beginners.

Any binding should fit on any board.

[Ms] iNsAnE said:
I used to wakeboard, on my friends board. His bindings were tight though.... I had to use soap just to get my feet in them. Now I don't even try to squeeze them in there. So until I get my own board, I gotta stick with kneeboarding.

You're bindings are supposed to be that tight. You want them tight to help support your ankles and so you don't come out everytime you wreak.

i don't think you want them so tight that you have to put soap on them, lol.

That way when you do wreck, it doesn't break your ankles :p

nah, these are WAY to tight... like I have to use 1/4 of a bottle of liquid soap and use tons of force to get my feet in there. Damn you big feet.

WiLd_FiRe said:
i don't think you want them so tight that you have to put soap on them, lol.

That way when you do wreck, it doesn't break your ankles :p

Yes you do, why do you think they sell binding lube? Soap is just a cheap alternative. I always use soap to get them mine on, everyone one I know has to use it.

You want them tight enough that it is a pain to get them on but not so tight that it cuts of your circulation.

EDIT:

Once you get the soap/lube on them it shouldn't be that hard to get them on but you should still have to pull a good bit.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp
Hyperlite isnt 'obviosly the best' most of it comes down to personal preferance. Try and test a board before you buy it. Make sure your bindings are tight, use something like slime to get into them. Or if you plan on sharing this board with other people buy some adjustable bindings, they just use velcro straps and its pretty easy to get in and out of them altho if you take a big fall you might pop out.

Back