Wakeboarding

WiLd_FiRe

Veteran XX
i want to buy a beginners board, i've been using somebody elses and i love it.

Whats a good starter board w/ bindings. I was looking on ebay but there are so many, i don't know which is the good.

Obviously hyperlites are the best, and i would buy one used but i still don't even know what the look for.

Any help would be appreciated :]

I used to, it seems like you answered your own question though. Make sure it's symmetrical.

oh and get the booties not the strap type binding.

i suck at it....but now that i snowboard i hope i can be better....like get up good.... :D

gonna try some this summer....woot

I have a Hyperlite Byerly which I love, it tracks a lot better which makes it easier when you are starting apposed to say a Belmont which is a lot looser.

too bad wakeboarding is such an expensive sport.

Gotta pay for boat + gas + board + live near a lake to actually use it... grr...

aScotiA said:
I need a boat ;) got the connecticut river about 5 miles away

Well I paid 30 for it, but i'll let you buy it for 22. 2000 Moomba Mobius, V8, Tower, Ballast System, seats 8, open bow, cd player etc etc

Hyperlites have many many different models, what is a good model, or can i basically get ANY hyperlite model and it will be good??

And bindings, i have one question. If i got a hyperlite board, does any brand of bindings fit onto the board, or do i have to by a specific kind of binding that fits only that board?

btw whats up ss :]

its awesome

I have a swimmers ear infection right now from it. Yipee, its swollen shut and hurts to eat. I pop tylenol(?) like candy

tried it last weekend
tried about 6 times to get up and only was half succesful once :[
note that I have never water skied, been on a skateboard or snowboard or anything of that nature, so it is a little more difficult to try and get the hang of it

i'll deffinately be trying it again later this summer

p.s. i think i was using a hyperlite board and someone I was with said it was good :shrug:

heres how you do it,

Pull the ski rope tight to your chest. Your board of course is sideways and you have ur legs like a frog sorta, like you are going to take a leap. angle your feet where the board is somewhat out of the water, if you aren't angling the board right, the board won't cut through the water, instead it will pull you under.

One thing about skiiing & wakeboarding, people want to try and pull themselves up or force themselves. Just let the boat do the pulling, you'll kinda just 'twist' out of the water quite naturally.

Heh, you don't have a choice on my boat, you will get up :) Now whether you get up and it pulls you strait over is a different story

Back