[Verizon] Best phone?

poof

Veteran X
Any advice? Im about to get a new one but know nothing of the top of the line. My phone right now is an env2 which im a pretty big fan of. Help?

Droid Eris
Fixed.

Unless you absolutely must have a physical keyboard, the Eris is spectacular. I've had it for a few weeks now and I've got no complaints. Fits in my pocket, functions wonderfully, was $100 less than the Droid (free for me because I was due for an upgrade).

keep this discussion going...im interested. I want to get the fuck away from AT&T as the coverage sucks ass.. my iphone is cool and fun and all but as a phone and as a GPS it really sucks....

Those are my 2 main interests.... is Droid with the google maps turn by turn gps the better choice? what about that garmin phone? is that verizon and is it a great GPS phone ?

The Garmin is AT&T and as a phone, it's supposed to pretty much suck.

Trav, take a look at the Eris. It doesn't have Google's turn-by-turn yet, but it will soon.

i been keeping my eye on the droids. I want to get a keyboard tho... my first and only smart phone is the iphone and all tho it does not bother me just about every person i know who had a phone before iphone that had a keyboard say they cant stand the touch screen.

I am kinda over it as well. Its frustrating as shit when you put your finger on teh screen and it does not register. So i want to go with a keyboard this time around.

and sucks the Garmin is At&T and sucks as a phone... it sounded promising for the GPS considering tis garmin.

keep this discussion going...im interested. I want to get the fuck away from AT&T as the coverage sucks ass..

But luke wilson has shown up to tell us that the coverage is not bad with all those postcards! He carefully made sure they landed only on the orange sections of the map! Prolly took a lot of practice!

I have played with the droid and the droid eris. I wound up buying the eris for the following reasons:

* The droid is bulkier, heavier, and has squared edges compared to the eris, making it not fit well in a pocket.
* The keyboard on the droid is pretty much all suck. It's too flat to easily type on and it's offset by the big control pad on the right, forcing you to hold the thing awkwardly. essentially, the keyboard is so bad that I wound up using the touchscreen keyboard instead (which is actually very good)
* The sense UI in the eris makes for a generally more pleasurable experience.
* the camera took blurry pictures and took like 15 seconds to finish taking the picture before you could take another picture.

This isn't to say that the droid is a bad phone. I absolutely love the screen resolution and the processor is one of the fastest on the market. I just didn't like that it was so bulky and had a useless keyboard. If motorolla released a new droid that is smaller, had rounded edges, and just had the touchscreen and no keyboard, I'd probably be all over it. For now, I'm sticking with the eris though.

But luke wilson has shown up to tell us that the coverage is not bad with all those postcards! He carefully placed them on only the orange sections of the map too!

i laugh at that fucking commercial everytime i see it. everytime all i can think is come with me to my Co/Op where everyone but me has service :/

but i guess they did do a cease and desist on those Verizon commercials saying AT&T sucks so it was not all lies i guess.

I have played with the droid and the droid eris. I wound up buying the eris for the following reasons:

* The droid is bulkier, heavier, and has squared edges compared to the eris, making it not fit well in a pocket.
* The keyboard on the droid is pretty much all suck. It's too flat to easily type on and it's offset by the big control pad on the right, forcing you to hold the thing awkwardly. essentially, the keyboard is so bad that I wound up using the touchscreen keyboard instead (which is actually very good)
* The sense UI in the eris makes for a generally more pleasurable experience.
* the camera took blurry pictures and took like 15 seconds to finish taking the picture before you could take another picture.

This isn't to say that the droid is a bad phone. I absolutely love the screen resolution and the processor is one of the fastest on the market. I just didn't like that it was so bulky and had a useless keyboard. If motorolla released a new droid that is smaller, had rounded edges, and just had the touchscreen and no keyboard, I'd probably be all over it. For now, I'm sticking with the eris though.

you think the camera on the droid is jsut as shitty as the eris? i dont use the cameras on my phone all the time but its nice to occasionally take some pics of the kid.... 15 seconds per picture is unacceptable :(

you think the camera on the droid is jsut as shitty as the eris? i dont use the cameras on my phone all the time but its nice to occasionally take some pics of the kid.... 15 seconds per picture is unacceptable :(

It was really quite bad. The eris would be able to take a shot like every 3 seconds. The droid took literally 3-4 times longer. I'd be able to take 3-5 shots in the time it took the droid to take one. The pictures are reportedly not as focused as other phones as well.

I've heard discussion that this could easily be solved by a new camera app since it's all software problems though. I'd be interested to see if the open source community comes out with a better camera app for the droid. It's a higher resolution camera and it has a dual LED flash, so the hardware should be capable of taking BETTER pictures than the eris or iphone.

i laugh at that fucking commercial everytime i see it. everytime all i can think is come with me to my Co/Op where everyone but me has service :/

but i guess they did do a cease and desist on those Verizon commercials saying AT&T sucks so it was not all lies i guess.

My first thought was... "Post Cards?? Really?? If their network was so good, couldn't they just send a text?" I mean, if you are going to brag about your cellular network, use the network to do it, not the US Post Office.

Verizon should sue AT&T to make them verify that those post cards were real. False advertising?

Passion is still a rumor for Verizon (from what I've seen), and its a long ways out one way or the other. It will most likely be a magnificent phone when it does come out (the HTC HD2 is evidence of that)

My vote for Verizon is the Droid Eris (Android) and the Touch Pro 2 (WinMo 6.5)

Back