V for Vendetta question [SPOILER THREAD]

if society is not ready for a revolution, it will fizzle and die

by putting it in the hands of society, it proves that the revolution was built on a solid foundation, and will prevail

if he had forced it upon them, it would have been pointless

Gabe said:
man who is to say what a good idea or a bad idea is... that is my entire point, there were no options on the table
uh
there were 2 big options
do it or dont do it

thats a pretty good option

i think technically hed pretty much overthrown evrything by killing the goatee guy and the tie guy

the blowupification of the paliament was just a symbol.. or something

this movie really doesnt stand up well to overanalysis

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
i think technically hed pretty much overthrown evrything by killing the goatee guy and the tie guy

yeah really.. the soldiers couldn't even do anything without command from the very very top

Gangrel said:
uh
there were 2 big options
do it or dont do it

thats a pretty good option

i don't think so... anyone following the old way of order (i.e. the policeman who shot the girl, following orders) was killed

can someone answer why the detective guy, after talking to V (unmasked, if that was in fact him), said... "omg, that guy was full of shit!"?

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:

i think a bit of that was about destroying fear

if he had just killed all of the ministers, the people would fear the change, and fear what would happen without them.. ergo, they would quickly replace them with an equally brutal regime, because they almost need it to feel safe

however, through giving them their part in the revolution, they erode their fear, and they look forward to a change in regime. when it comes, they are ready for it

Gangrel said:
i think a bit of that was about destroying fear

if he had just killed all of the ministers, the people would fear the change, and fear what would happen without them.. ergo, they would quickly replace them with an equally brutal regime, because they almost need it to feel safe

however, through giving them their part in the revolution, they erode their fear, and they look forward to a change in regime. when it comes, they are ready for it

lol are you kidding me??? you think people still had fear in them BEFORE parliament blew up? they were walking right into hundreds of automatic rifles

Khushi said:
can someone answer why the detective guy, after talking to V (unmasked, if that was in fact him), said... "omg, that guy was full of shit!"?
he was wearing a prosthetic mask, btw

and he said he was full of shit because, at that point, the natural reaction would be one of "he was just feeding me this to get me on his side" once he realized the man was not the real deal

Gabe said:
lol are you kidding me??? you think people still had fear in them BEFORE parliament blew up? they were walking right into hundreds of automatic rifles
im talking about the whole public revolution movement

parliament was merely the denoumont

well i guess we agree to disagree... i think the ideal situation would be people on both sides, some traditionalists and some revolutionaries, and there to be compromise. it was certainly possible given the governmental fallout

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
i think you guys are giving this movie way too much credit

i didnt think it was pulled off very well at all, but it was still decent

that's what i'm trying to show too.. people who are obsessed with comic books and the matrix think the filmmakers can do no wrong

ok well here's a riddle that perplexed me after I watched the movie.

If I am understanding the history right the government got to be abusive after a plauge was released.

However later we are told that V was one of the people "black bagged" and dragged off to be a test subject to create the plauge there by intimating that the government had already been tyranical for a good while before it was allowed to be because of fear of the plauge

ok imagine this

say england had a prison system and say i am an ambitious politician and i have access to one of these facilities... now say i create a plague and, being ambitious, want to take over the country....

if this perplexes you try not to read anything heavy like clifford the big red dog... RED DOG, HOW DOES THAT ONE MAKE ANY SENSE

Back