University of Maryland

"For 2005, the county had 164 homicides. For the year of 2006, the county experienced 134 homicides. Prince George’s County has accounted for 45.1% of murders in the state of Maryland since 1985."

From wikipedia. That's a murder every 2.25 days. Like clock work, man

It's funny because Maryland is the wealthiest state in the nation. College Park isn't particularly nice, but it isn't dangerous. A lot of the suburbs of Washington literally are some of the safest, richest places to live, but DC is generally one giant shithole.

connecticut

i go to GW, which is in NW DC

ive been to UMD before, its not different than living in a city in terms of being smart about where you go at night and how

just tell her to get a taser and i doubt shell ever have any problems

The Chinese conception of the "dangerous America" is funny considering China's contaminated air, contaminated food, contaminated toys, never-before-seen viruses and oppressive government regime. I guess the grass is always greener on your own side of the fence.

I was riding the metro through PG county and saw a nice "welcome to murdaland" tag on the side of a train.

Really UMD is fine, I never had any problems there, and it's not like students are being killed. I knew a girl who was raped while walking alone at night, but she was a big slut anyway.

reassure her that she will die from american violence way before she has time to get too fat

PG County is a shit hole. If it got nuked off the face of the Earth, America would be a better place. The darkies there are true animals. Like someone posted above, their homicide rate is astronomical.

UMD is alright, just don't venture too far outside College Park. UMD PD is pretty aggressive about keeping the campus safe.

Maryland, we're all behind you.
Wave high the BLACK and GOLD,
For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious.
We've got the team, Terps,
We've got the steam, Terps,
So keep on fighting, don't give in!
M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D
Maryland will win!

college park is not violent or anything

it's just a lower income neighborhood. lock your car and house door at night type of thing. don't walk alone in unlit places at night, etc

that's exactly right. i graduated from there.

tell her to be safe, always walk somewhere with friends, and dont go into any neighborhoods you've inquired about first.

If you want her to stay skinny, then tell her to keep the hell away from Pot Belly and Ratsies where subs generally run 3000 calories and higher. If she wants to be violence free, the she has to placate the wildlife. Tell her to strip down to her skivvies and walk the entire length of the Paint Branch Trail after dark. She'll be fine.

Back