University of Maryland

mums

Veteran X
This girl I'm seeing in China is going to attend UMD next spring. I heard it is located in a bad part of town... am I wrong. What else should I tell her about it. Because of how hollywood depicts america as being violent, she questions whether she is going to be safe and is also wondering if she is going to get reall fat. Furthermore, she is especially worried about the economy in Maryland, but that's just her being a wierd chinese girl.

Anyone go there?

no pics yet

no pics yet

Sorry to point this out, but you appear to have hit the "submit" button before you were done with the post.

You might want to edit in the rest of it soon, since people are already visiting the thread.

It's hard to answer this question. I mean if all areas of town are bad, is there a bad area in town?

She's right about the getting fat part, I must've gained 60 or so pounds since I came over to the US in '93

I see a lot of skinny Asians where I'm living. In the 9 months I've been outside Boston, I don't recall seeing a fat Asian.

This girl I'm seeing in China is going to attend UMD next spring. I heard it is located in a bad part of town... am I wrong. What else should I tell her about it. Because of how hollywood depicts america as being violent, she questions whether she is going to be safe and is also wondering if she is going to get reall fat. Furthermore, she is especially worried about the economy in Maryland, but that's just her being a wierd chinese girl.

Anyone go there?

no pics yet

I live in the general area, and have partied up there. There are definatly bad areas because of how close it is to DC.

just tell her that, because an apartment is significantly cheaper, doesn't mean its a good idea to go ahead and live there...

it'd probably be best to live on campus (where they have security) until she knows the area well enough to pick a place off campus.

she shouldn't have any problems unless she's fucking retarded, and likes to go for walks in areas by herself with no idea of what goes on in that area, dressed like a slut...

Anyone go there?

no pics yet

college park is not violent or anything

it's just a lower income neighborhood. lock your car and house door at night type of thing. don't walk alone in unlit places at night, etc

college park is not violent or anything

it's just a lower income neighborhood. lock your car and house door at night type of thing. don't walk alone in unlit places at night, etc

not violent?? then why cant i walk alone at night??

It's funny because Maryland is the wealthiest state in the nation. College Park isn't particularly nice, but it isn't dangerous. A lot of the suburbs of Washington literally are some of the safest, richest places to live, but DC is generally one giant shithole.

Back