UberZoom?

All-Star

Veteran X
UberZoom was a great script by Uberguy in T2. The feature im most interested in is the "toggle zoom level with mouse wheel, while zoomed" Is there any way to do this in TV, and have it revert back to weapon switching while not zoomed? Thanks code junkies :)

Do you want the zoom to toggle (sticky)?
I'll give you the code for both anyway.

For zoom toggling with wheelzoom whilst zoomed:
Add the following code to your user.ini file, replacing the lines that are already there.
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Toggle bZoom | set Input MouseWheelUp cycleZoomLevel| set Input MouseWheelDown cycleZoomLevel 1| set Input RightMouse togglezoom_unzoom",Alias="togglezoom")
Aliases[33]=(Command="Toggle bZoom | set Input MouseWheelUp NextWeapon| set Input MouseWheelDown PrevWeapon| set Input RightMouse togglezoom",Alias="togglezoom_unzoom")
Change your zoom key to use togglezoom.
Change RightMouse to whatever it is you use to zoom.

For wheelzoom whilst zoomed:
Add the following code to your user.ini file, replacing the line that is already there.
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Button bZoom  | set Input MouseWheelUp cycleZoomLevel | set Input MouseWheelDown cycleZoomLevel 1 | onRelease set Input MouseWheelUp NextWeapon | onRelease set Input MouseWheelDown PrevWeapon",Alias="wheelzoom")
Change your zoom key to use wheelzoom.

You may want to swap around the bindings for the wheel if you want the zooming and weapon switching to go the other direction.

Hope that helps.

ilys said:
Change your zoom key to use wheelzoom

Im not quite sure how to do this part. I use Mouse5 for zooming. I would prefer to have it zoom while the button is held, and unzoom on release.
Thanks ilys.

Last edited:
Then you want to use the second code I gave you. That will change the wheel to zoom while the button is pressed and change the wheel to weapon switching on button release.
Replace the RightMouse part of the alias to Mouse5 and change your Mouse5 key to use wheelzoom instead of Button bZoom.

I just thought up one pseudo-workaround for not being able to stop the zoom levels from wrapping.
Code:
Aliases[34]=(Command="Set PlayerCharacterController ZoomLevel 0",Alias="LowZoom")
Aliases[35]=(Command="Set PlayerCharacterController ZoomLevel 1",Alias="HighZoom")
Then change the code Ilys gave so it reads:
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Toggle bZoom | set Input MouseWheelUp HighZoom| set Input MouseWheelDown lowZoom| set Input RightMouse togglezoom_unzoom",Alias="togglezoom")
note: All I did was change 'cycleZoomLevel' to 'highZoom' and 'cycleZoomLevel 1' to 'lowZoom'. If you were using the 2nd thing Ilys gave, then you'll have to manually edit this in.

Edit: I forgot to say also. You can set more than 2 zoom levels in user.ini, but this will make it so only the first 2 are used. Just delete the ones you don't want, in my case I kept only 2x and 10x. There are 3 different sections you'll have to delete from: ZoomedFOVs, ZoomedMouseScale, and ZoomMagnificationLevel. Make sure you only have 2 of each of these listed.

This only gives you 2 zoom levels, but you won't have the wrap around issue anymore.

And thanks a ton to Ilys. I never would've even thought this was possible if it weren't for his post :p togglezoom all the way. :browsmile

Last edited:
ilys said:
Do you want the zoom to toggle (sticky)?
I'll give you the code for both anyway.

For zoom toggling with wheelzoom whilst zoomed:
Add the following code to your user.ini file, replacing the lines that are already there.
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Toggle bZoom | set Input MouseWheelUp cycleZoomLevel| set Input MouseWheelDown cycleZoomLevel 1| set Input RightMouse togglezoom_unzoom",Alias="togglezoom")
Aliases[33]=(Command="Toggle bZoom | set Input MouseWheelUp NextWeapon| set Input MouseWheelDown PrevWeapon| set Input RightMouse togglezoom",Alias="togglezoom_unzoom")
Change your zoom key to use togglezoom.
Change RightMouse to whatever it is you use to zoom.

For wheelzoom whilst zoomed:
Add the following code to your user.ini file, replacing the line that is already there.
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Button bZoom  | set Input MouseWheelUp cycleZoomLevel | set Input MouseWheelDown cycleZoomLevel 1 | onRelease set Input MouseWheelUp NextWeapon | onRelease set Input MouseWheelDown PrevWeapon",Alias="wheelzoom")
Change your zoom key to use wheelzoom.

You may want to swap around the bindings for the wheel if you want the zooming and weapon switching to go the other direction.

Hope that helps.
Aw cripes man, its not quite workin for me I think (or at least I cant get it to work so far...).

Okay I want it to cycle zoom levels when Im holding down my CTRL key. So I added the Alias line as you put forth above. Then I saved it, loaded T:V and nada...

So you say "change your zoom key to use wheelzoom." Where at?

I probably shouldnt be trying this at 1am... *sigh*

This script works however there are a few problems.

I dont get the uberhuge crosshair that i use for my sniping.

I dont get the "black border effect" i like that.

I dont get the zoom level readout wihle zoomed.

Is there anyway whatsoever to change the zoom key to toggle the above and not the "neuterd zoom".

Tahnit said:
This script works however there are a few problems.

I dont get the uberhuge crosshair that i use for my sniping.

I dont get the "black border effect" i like that.

I dont get the zoom level readout wihle zoomed.

Is there anyway whatsoever to change the zoom key to toggle the above and not the "neuterd zoom".

I cant speak for the crosshair, but I get the border effect and zoom level readout on mine. :shrug:

Oh and this was how I assigned buttons to make the script work:

Ctrl=Button bZoom | wheelzoom

(ilys take note, since adding that bit of info may clarify for others)

Last edited:
ok this worx thanks
now i need add more zoomlvls
like 2x 4x 6x 8x 10x
instead of just 3
think i read somewhere how but im kinda dumb with this stuff

Code:
 | onRelease set PlayerCharacterController zoomlevel 0
That will set the the zoom to 2x. Add that to the end of the the alias command.

hm i got a feeling this alias lags somehow
when u press it couple times in a row tv becomes a slideshow
also its much slower than the default zoom (theres more delay ie when u press zoom it takes a short while to react)

Back