TWers in Houston, TX

CrazyTexan

Veteran XV
I will be in Houston February 9-12th for work. What is there to do that I have not yet done since I do go there every so often for work.

I have done the following:

Aquarium
Galveston
Dog Track
Rockets Game

Well I am here

tui_sam is coming here tonight until the 5th I think

I will be in austin on the 13th.. so it looks like your timing is good

NASA?
and when you say you have "done gavelston" what do you mean exactly? moody gardens?

Well I am here

tui_sam is coming here tonight until the 5th I think

I will be in austin on the 13th.. so it looks like your timing is good

NASA?
and when you say you have "done gavelston" what do you mean exactly? moody gardens?

Driven to the beach and hit the strip. Not much to do in Galveston but I have not done Moody Gardens or NASA. We have a Corp Apartment off of 190 and Hollister. I had thought about going out there when he was there since he said he was going to cook Brazilian steak but probably not since I will be out there the next week.

well a lot of that changed because of IKE

we will still prolly cook this weekend on a smaller scale

but Moody Gardens in Galveston is good to check out, I have a house down there if you need somewhere to stay

and NASA obviously

There isn't much touristy stuff to do here, I would recommend dinner at Pappas Bros and then stop by Treasures and yes you want to go to the VIP room

I am across the street from treasures, that is a scary place with the lights on

juz you must be in the gal area as well

I have been to Papas. If you want good steak go to The Tavern on wedensday nights they have people cook steak and a baked potato. You can get that and a pitcher of beer for less then $20.

Like I said my job furnishes me an apartment so I have a place to stay. I also have never been to a strip club nor have any interest in going but that's a different thread.

I was at a gas station one time in Houston around 610 and Yale when this dude in a hooptie rolled up. I didn't think anything of it and went to finish. Next thing I know there were whores coming from every direction. At least 10 prostitutes showed up out of the middle of no where and then scattered back off to wherever they had come from.

I'm all about the food so I say go to king buscuit in the heights and get a 7 dollar cheese steak. Although not chopped like an original Philly CS, it's pretty fucken good. Spend an evening at downing street pub. Sweet cigar bar. Or spend every night in rice village and pick up young college chicks. (never been myself so I don't know the bars specifically) Also the wall of water is kind touristy. It will kill a half hour of your time and you can say you have seen it. Galleria has smoken chicks in it all the time so take your time and walk around there too. Don't know which places exactly but the galleria area is a pretty hot place for happy hour all around.

Baja party club in pasadena is pretty gay if you want to try that out.

Lots of really drunk people making poor decisions.

a little bit of both

lots of teenage girls serving drinks, and 'home made bikini contests' and shit like that

Back