TW bicyclists - what are you on?

I ride a cheap Felt. I'm a novice and don't get out very often. I like it. Comfortable enough for a 25-30 mile ride. Reasonable components. I think most of their bikes are designed for triathletes.

I got 2 bikes, planning on adding a gravel bike for commute. but as I haven't commuted much on covid times, it's on hold currently.

I got 2 bikes, planning on adding a gravel bike for commute. but as I haven't commuted much on covid times, it's on hold currently.

gravel seems fun, i want to do some bike packing.

ive been looking at the trek domane. looks like a nice bike. looking @ either the AL5 or SL4.

i bought a specialized sirrus 4.0 for commute but i dont really care for it

gravel seems fun, i want to do some bike packing.

ive been looking at the trek domane. looks like a nice bike. looking @ either the AL5 or SL4.

i bought a specialized sirrus 4.0 for commute but i dont really care for it

done some bike trekking. Yea it's fun if you can do it on leisure speed.
Had to do close to 100 miles one day on a dirt road aaand surprise surprise haven't trekked much since :D

In the early days of the tour de France the drug of choice was cocaine and slowly progressed. That being said "doping" has always been a thing with the biking people.

I have a full on carbon fiber cannondale but I have pretty much lost interest in road biking. I plan on selling it and getting back into trail biking as well as making my own electric bike.

I don't know what a bicycliist is. <sigh> I get what you're after, but since ever, bicyclist means someone that has an affinity to scrutinize, build, repair. A cyclist is someone that rides bicycles a lot, sometimes in competition.

On CNN yesterday they used the made up term, "bicycler." Enjoy that one, Lemon.

Last edited:
Because it's you, I'll play along:

I have a Diamond back single speed with big downhill pedals that I commute on.
Marin Team Titanium with mostly XTR that I run around this mountain.
Leftovers:

Masi Gran Criterium with Campagnolo Record/super record
Landshark Tange Prestige with Shimano Durace, except for Mavic pedals (we were sponsored and the French suits wouldn't budge. Whatever.)
Mercian special with Reynolds 753 track tubing ( they didn't normally do this for roadies but I didn't weigh much) Mavic wheels, DT spokes. . this is the one they took down and rebuilt every day during Paris-Nice.

Fun anecdote: when we were sponsored by Look, we had to wear Look shoes, and they didn't fit my feet right, and I couldn't get used to them. Lake was a shoe manufacturer that I really liked, and the rep told me all I had to do was replace labels. Fastforward: I'm sitting on the couch in Allestree trying to hand sew Look Labels on my Lake shoes, and the girl that my teammate is making it with gets irritated and is like "GIVE me those!," and she finishes doing it for me.

Back