Tuning changes for 05, open beta

americanjoe said:
funny how my team was ranked #2 on both OGL and TWL back in you Vet^4 days (who am I ... well thats still a guess game) .. funny to see this comment come up so many times when a "member" posts anything that goes against leetest Vet^4 ... funny to see the arrogant minds voice there rank statues as king ... but yet this is not about who’s team was better than who’s .. this is about debating issues about a new game you have yet to play (im guessing). and guess what .. YOU & the DEVs WANTED new faces in T:V ... yes ... this is what you get ... new opinions that might .. OMG .. be different than yours. You will see .. those UT2K4 players that the DEVs are going after with the DM style gameplay and n00bie friendly hook, are going to have similar views on differ issues ...

Easy to hide behind anonymity or just make shit up.

what pisses me off most about americanjoe is he promised me he'd leave after i pissed him off that one time...and he won't leave... such a hippocryte

I can't wait until a year or so into T:V where everyone will be at the rank of Vet. If I was a Vet I wouldn't be doing this shit you guys are. But then again I guess that's the difference between me and you. Damn I feel like an outcast in a world where people could care less.

Ecspecially when arguing with people who would flip a tit over their brother getting a slightly bigger quantity of icecream. I could just imagine that.

Bottom line, you all sound like a bunch of arrogant kids who wish they were spoiled.

I give up. I don't even really care if flag discing is allowed or not. I was just offering some alternative routes to make everyone happy.

**CTRL-K**

Cue the violin music already...

I think the TW community needs to provide reparations for all the times that Members have been teased. These atrocities should not go on ignored.

Well understand that for every member who's been a long time reader and part of the community, there's 10 members fresh off the street who don't know what they're talking about. The good get lumped in with the bad.

If you make rational arguments, people will listen.

Good change list.

And there is no need to add flag discing. The game is fun without it and thats all that really matters. It amazes me that people are so neck deep in such minor details that they dont really seem to care if its a good game.

Its fun. Its getting better with each patch. Thats all I care about.

Rooster128 said:
I can't wait until a year or so into T:V where everyone will be at the rank of Vet. If I was a Vet I wouldn't be doing this shit you guys are. But then again I guess that's the difference between me and you. Damn I feel like an outcast in a world where people could care less.

Ecspecially when arguing with people who would flip a tit over their brother getting a slightly bigger quantity of icecream. I could just imagine that.

Bottom line, you all sound like a bunch of arrogant kids who wish they were spoiled.
Sorry, but you seem to be the only one mentioning anything about arrogance of veterans of these forums. I haven't seen one person capable of presenting a valid argument (ie zoolooman, fool, amadeus, etc) call you a member or anything of the sort. Both you and rooster are the only ones whining and bringing up this fact. All that we said was that the newbs that have never heard of this game have no valid comparison because tribes is not ut2k4, it's not halo, and it's not counter-strike. If you have an opinion, feel free to express it, but quit your bitching. You are in fact a member, this is the TW way, change your diper and deal with it.

Last edited:
simply put, if anyone knows what happened at the end of tribes gala 2000, they know why flag discing should not be in T:V.

nuff said.

Rooster128 said:
I agree with him for the most part. I have yet to see a vet who has not yet mentioned his/her superiority because he/she has been around longer.

We're not superior because we've been around longer. We're superior because you're inferior. It's a fairly simple concept.

Back