Tribalwar wiki article mega thread

LogRoller said:
Bugs's application for deletion of the tribalwar wiki, if it should come to pass, will necessitate the writing of a new one that complies with the site's requirements. Even if that does not happen, several of the heavy hitters are reviewing the application now, and some agree grudgingly that it's a keeper, but it needs sources, content review, and notations.

Okay, since I am making this thread, and because we all know that I can write well, I'll pull it together if no one else wants to. If someone else wants to spend their time doing that, awesome, go for it. Just say so.

What I (or someone else) will need are volunteers, and people to start bringing up things that are truly notable and historical about this site and its interactions with the broader internet culture, and sources for those things. There is no way that one single person can write the whole history of Tribalwar and make connections to its significance to the outside world. We're going to need to do this together if we're going to do it.

And if you don't want to contribute, or think it's stupid, that's fine. I understand. But I think that this site deserves a legitimate footnote in the history of the world, no matter how small or insignificant that is to anyone else. So please respect that and spend your time more productively without cocking this thread up with bullshit. Thanks.

I agree with your post.

I also agree it needs more work. Despite TW history the wiki has a sense of "yeah we did this, we totally did" without many real references... which are vital to a history-based web-site such as wikipedia.

jislan, don't forget that

Blitz = stage01

yes, the same stage01 who first posted here that he was going to webcast him having sex with his underage horse girlfriend and post it on the internet for us too, yet failed to even deliver that.

^BuGs^ said:
epic. Someone admitted that it was their fault.

Now if you could only admit that it's your fault this has been blown WAY out of fucking proportion.

Jeremy Daspin III
That whole thing needs a mention.

That gymnast kid who everyone convinced to post pics of his girlfriend's tits on TW. I think you guys ruined his life. It was hilerious.

I think the only things worth mentioning specifically about our collective jackassery are the 9/11 Goatse and All your base...

take that Musashi crap down, it's lame... I think a more detailed history of how TW came to be (haven from OGL), a brief discussion of what tribes is, predictit, and how the site ebbed and flowed around Tribes, T2, and T:V... In the course of this, talk about Dave G disparagingly, mention Mareas... I like the LAN mentions... that's my .02

i don't think it needs a sticky. it will get plenty of posts on its own.

(btw anyone else not care for LR writing? i mean i don't have a problem with him writing it. its not like a wiki article really needs talent. but i don't think he has any special abilty. his writing threads have done nothing for me except realise what an ego he has.)

i'm sorry that you didn't catch the sarcasm in his posts beren

it must be an american-only ability

Back