today is turning out awful...

apple, were in the same boat - got a 2nd interview for a particular job shortly, so thatll determine if my day will be yay or sour.
im already feeling a bit dissapointed by the other 2 places i was interviewing and got shot down by both - one of which i really really wanted.

gotta love the: "we're impressed by your work and talent but we filled the position with another candidate"

everyone else having a bad day already try to cheer up, maybe a lil :cheers: will help.

Nehi_Peach said:
apple, were in the same boat - got a 2nd interview for a particular job shortly, so thatll determine if my day will be yay or sour.
im already feeling a bit dissapointed by the other 2 places i was interviewing and got shot down by both - one of which i really really wanted.

gotta love the: "we're impressed by your work and talent but we filled the position with another candidate"

everyone else having a bad day already try to cheer up, maybe a lil :cheers: will help.

just know that somewhere right now, some guy just got ass fucked for the first time. See you got it good man...

Putrid said:
pc stuff, network stuff, web stuff, php, mssql, database admin, mysql...

that kind of stuff

welp, i found out today about 3 openings at Harrah's HQ in Memphis for network admins. I will be going over there next Tuesday for an Avaya's user group meeting (since they are hosting it) and my Avaya rep said she would introduce me and put in a good word. Also, check out Harrah's website, they have several nice IT openings other than these. These 3 are fairly recent and are not published anywhere.

Gotta love networking...people and computers.

It's only about 3.5 hours to memphis...easy commute, right?

gibsonic said:
Gotta love networking...people and computers.

It's only about 3.5 hours to memphis...easy commute, right?

yea, networking is great if you are established in the area...

lol, the 'commute' around here cake compared to the 1.5 hours it took to go 15 miles in seattle ;)

gibsonic said:
have you ever even got a TW perspective on that? We are the authority in Fugly. Just look at how well we did with GFG.

locke has seen me and I used to work with zug zug...

I am sure they will confirm the fugly without need for traumatizing anyone at TW with my pic :browsmile

I definitely know where you're coming from Putrid. If you lived closer, I'd come over and you could join me for a Guinness. (in honor of St. Patty's day, I'm having my first one today)

Rancher Dan said:
Bummer. Is that why the no sleep for days deal?

yea, when I do fall asleep I keep dreaming about 'stuff' and then I don't want to go back to sleep...

I have read 4 books in three days, about to start on the 5th

Putrid said:
yea, networking is great if you are established in the area...

lol, the 'commute' around here cake compared to the 1.5 hours it took to go 15 miles in seattle ;)

my wife is from OR and we have been trying to move back that way for awhile now. I had an almost job for Expedia in Tacoma in '02 but it fell threw at the last minute.

we have a lot of good companies here in memphis. Fedex, Nike, International Paper, Autozone, Harrahs, and many more, so there are jobs here, but not much movement at the moment. North MS is very nice compared to any other part of the state so it is livable until we move out to the NW. I feel ya.

Back