Thrax: Where's the masses?

Damn, this is still going?

T:V is still a pile, and the pile is still stinking. All this cheerleading for T:V has not revived the corpse.

You can continue to give it CPR, though, I guess. It makes good comedy. :lol:

BitRaiser said:
Thrax has almost no respect in these parts these days.

LOL... remind me to never put forth ??,000 hrs of work, paid or otherwise, to build something for you guys. how can you say stuff like that? its crazy! the fact that thrax dont like to come round here listening to all you guys bash him on an hourly basis for his thousands of hours of work for the community. how can you blame him. god, you guys need help.

BitRaiser said:
For once we sorta agree, Wulfen.

I wouldn't quite be so harsh, but I do think that Thrax was in the wrong position.
Too many design desisions were based on his own opinion, rather than what people wanted to see. I get that they were aiming for a mass market and thus had to take some steps to make it more palitable to casual gamers (which is sure to annoy the living crap outta long time Tribers), but certain elements just didn't need to be dropped.

The command screen
Good vehicles
A desent melee weapon
Carving
The Targeting laser
etc.

These things are sorely missed and many of them seem to be victems of Thrax's opinion rather than techical challanges.

That said... you all know I'm still havin fun with this game anyway. I enjoy it despite these things, but that doesn't mean I don't lament that it could have been so much more.

Shocklance is a good example of Thrax asserting his opinion was right. Everyone else who supported keeping the SL was instantly flamed by him as a n00b, and written off as a case of it being a hitscan weapon (easily corrected if you're not a lazy programmer) and that a light shouldn't be able to kill a heavy in one hit. I'll argue neither side of that old argument here.
[/start flamage now/]

Titan Slanger said:
Damn, this is still going?

T:V is still a pile, and the pile is still stinking. All this cheerleading for T:V has not revived the corpse.

You can continue to give it CPR, though, I guess. It makes good comedy. :lol:

Nope. . . there is internal bleeding, there is nothing the doc's can do without major transplant surgury. CPR is just making the person choke on their own blood, and some of that blood is comming up and getting all over us.

Back