Thoughts on chiropractors?

Doctor.....

How did these joint crackers earn the designation Lmao

I guess retarded fucks like midgedumbai actually believe the nonsense

Doctor.....

How did these joint crackers earn the designation Lmao

I guess retarded fucks like midgedumbai actually believe the nonsense

Don't be as dim as Pagy. I don't give a rats ass what he calls himself, he did what I needed him to do and prevented a very nasty surgery from happening that was my only other real alternative.

Oh yeah, I could have stretched too, that would have done it :rolleyes:

I don't give a rats ass what he calls himself

I never thought I would have to explain to a "grown" "man" that you should care when someone who isn't a doctor is pretending to be one while giving out medical advice and treatment.

I never thought I would have to explain to a "grown" "man" that you should care when someone who isn't a doctor is pretending to be one while giving out medical advice and treatment.

FFS here's another one that didn't read shit. You're so dense you could "explain" to me that water was wet and I would want to check it for myself. Fuck off.

Sounds like you need a Physical Trainer more than a Chiropractor.

You don't have bad posture because you need to fix your spine. You have a bad spine because you need to fix your posture.

Your skeleton is like a wooden marionette. The strings that hold this marionette upright and make it dance are the appropriately 700 named muscles attached to your frame. Over time, our strings can become weak and stretched out of shape from lack of care and poor habits. Our strings can become a tangled mess of knots that lack flexibility and range of motion preventing our skeleton's from holding a healthy shape.

Physical Training will untangle your strings and restore their proper shape. For example, in the modern age humans spend a lot of time sedentary, usually in a seated position with their arms out draped over a keyboard and mouse, head titled to stare into a LCD panels for long periods of time. Humans are not designed to be in this position. We are designed to be standing, not sitting, preferably walking and running. When we adopt these unhealthy positions for long periods of time, we gradually lose strength in the muscles that are needed for proper posture because they are not getting enough work to keep them in proper shape.

Stand up right. Shake yourself out and let your body come to rest in whatever neutral position feels natural for it with arms loose at your side. Feet about shoulder width apart. Head looking forward. It helps to look into a mirror so that your can see your form. Look to the position of your hands. They should hanging at your side, with the thumb pointing forward. Like a gunfighter, waiting to draw his pistols.

If your hands tend to drape in front of your thighs with the thumbs turning inwards, you have rounded shoulders. This is likely from having a tight chest. When you hold your arms out in front of your chest, you contract the pectoral muscles and front deltoids of your shoulders which are joined together. Holding this posture for long periods of time can cause these muscles to shorten, keeping them in a semi-contracted state all the time. As a result, your Scapula has to separate and stretch the upper muscles of the back which causes them to lengthen and weakens their ability to retract the scapula and keep the shoulders from rounding forward.

This causes the spine to lose its proper posture, rounding it into a slouch and allowing the head and neck to tilt forward. With the neck and shoulders out of position, this can cause your trapezius muscles to become overworked and tight, keeping your shoulders elevated into a permanent shrug. Tight neck muscles often result in headaches for many people.

The point where your throat meets your clavicle forms a divot called the Suprasternal notch. Think of this notch like the lip of a water pitcher. It should tilt upwards when in good position to keep its contents from spilling out. With bad posture, it tilts forwards and pours the pitcher of water onto the floor in front of you.

Pull and hold your shoulders down and retract your scapula together. This should draw the shoulders back, tilting the Suprasternal notch upright again and allowing your hands to return to your sides where they are intended to be. Physical Training will stretch and strengthen the affected muscles so they keep this natural shape without having to consciously contract them to maintain a positive posture.

Last edited:
Most of that is bog standard obviousness, but FWIW I tried your standing up and shaking it all out, and got the gunslinger. What do I win?

Don't be as dim as Pagy. I don't give a rats ass what he calls himself,

:lol: your spine dude... your spine.

I would give more than a rats ass. Especially when there are people who specialize in the spine and they actually go to school for like 90 years and spend millions for an education dealing strictly with the spine

If you are naive and arrogant enough to believe there is never a case where a very experienced and reputable chiropractor can do a better job than any masseuse can, or than some lifting and stretching can achieve, then I have to say that's a level of arrogance I can't comprehend. It's approaching absent level, but he has multiple psychological disorders to explain his situation, whereas you're just arrogant because you choose to be. GG hi-5.

Here you go, have a giggle at this, you know better than this guy though I guess. Or something.

Dr. Gerry Nastasia |

i already said you won

what more do you want

:lol: your spine dude... your spine.

I would give more than a rats ass. Especially when there are people who specialize in the spine and they actually go to school for like 90 years and spend millions for an education dealing strictly with the spine
yes, education based off actual science

again, mitch is a social retard and doesnt know how to talk to other human beings which explains why he posts here and has no firends but i digress.

belial (and myself, less eloquently) has said chiro may help but its nothing that can't be treated otherwise by other means just as a masseuse, a trainer, proper stretching, exercise, diet, or physio.

people will use what works so good on them, just dont treat chiropractics as some magic cure when its basically some dude rubbing/bending/stretching your back.

Lemme tell y'all my chiropractic anecdote.

Around '96 or so I started having severe back pain. It felt like a knife in the back just under the point of my left shoulder blade. I couldn't even take full breaths without pain shooting around the ribs from the back to the sternum. Ibuprofen like candy (the Army taught me that ibuprofen and water cures everything, LIARS), heat and cold, careful stretching, nothing touched it for almost a week. Sleep was intermittent relief at best. Tried going to my ex-wife's chiropractor (quack used some weird clicky thing on me back), money down the crapper.

UPS dude at work saw my stiff posture and asked about it, then recommended his guy that all the UPS dudes went to. I needed relief and figured I'd give the snake oil another shot, called and made an appointment.

He x-rayed me, then showed me the indicators of car wrecks/bike accidents/skiing injuries I'd suffered over the previous decade with to-the-year accuracy. He gave me a massage and some gentle manipulation (no cracks, no happy ending either) and went over some lifestyle stuff for spine health and asked me to come back in a couple of days.

Nevertheless, she (the pain) persisted.

Came back for the follow up and after another short chat he put me back up on the table and directly manipulated the vertebrae adjacent to the main pain point.

It felt like an axe hit my spine and there was a definite crack sensation, inaudible over my muffled yelp.

10 seconds of recovery from the shock and ... no pain. gone. deep breathing, full mobility restored.

I took the lifestyle tips from the first visit to heart and that particular pain never came back. Over the next dozen years I went back 2 or 3 times whenever something else odd-feeling in my back or neck sprang up and he reiterated the stuff like posture, lifting technique, exercise and stretching, etc and did a minor adjustment here or there. His practice included chiro, massage, and physical therapy. Turns out he was the team chiropractor for various local university sports teams at the time and also well-liked in the cyclist scene. His wife was a competitive triathlete. I guess chiropractic sports medicine is a thing?

So, in my humble opinion, there are unicorn chiropractors like this one who I visited 4 or 5 times total over a 14 year period and the rest seem to be hucksters scheduling rubes for weekly adjustments.

*sigh*...

it's not an "opinion" that i know how those techniques work

it's not an "opinion" that i know what a slipped disc is (physiologically speaking)

mitch, i've tried explaining why MDs laugh at chiros, but you just want to believe that what you didn't wasn't for nothing

you win

good news is that everyone other than mitch enjoyed your contributions

thank u

belial what are good lower back exercises if deadlifts and squats aggravate my lower back?

pt just told me bird dogs but those aren't challenging in any form

belial what are good lower back exercises if deadlifts and squats aggravate my lower back?

pt just told me bird dogs but those aren't challenging in any form
Deadlifts with less weight. And if you can't even go through a deadlift motion with 0 weight, god help you :-D

Deadlifts with less weight. And if you can't even go through a deadlift motion with 0 weight, god help you :-D

this or good mornings or back extensions

or you could do more yoga-esque stuff, too, which would be really helpful

honestly, i'm much better at prehab than rehab

but for most injuries, once you've made it through the initial "holy fuck it hurts and i'm legitimately injured" phase, you should be done low weight super hi rep work to get blood flowing to it... stuff on the order of 50 rep sets with just the bar kind of thing

i know that's not a lot of help, but like with most things, it's much easier to stay away from trouble than to get out if it

thanks! i gave up on deadlifts but i'll try them with really light weight :). i can do the motion (and even put some weight on it) but i pay for it in the following days

i still don't know what my injury truly was, i went to four doctors and got three opinions. it makes it annoying to try to rehab

Back