The Truth about what got stolen at UVA 5

okay, I just read this entire thread and these are my thoughts on the matter. Some of them stated by others.

You guys judged him guilty before he even posted, I don't see why you have to pretend you thought this through.

Onibushi said:
Rayn posting credit cards can open those doors alone means any idiot that knows it could go around jacking rooms' stuff, saying that its unlikely if the room was left open that someone "walked by and saw it opened and decided to steal shit" like amun did is like saying its unlikely that a gun with blanks might blow your face off if you pull the trigger.
I'd swear to God you just called Rayn "any idiot" if I didn't know any better

I'd also wager that Rayn's knowledge of how to jimmy hotel doors is slightly above average after meeting him ;)

It's possible that the wrong people are being held responsible, I have a friend that gets paranoid sometimes and says stupid shit that makes him look guilty in a situation like this. But a couple things you can help clear if you want Oni.

This guy mitch had $100 stolen. Where did he lose it? Did he just leave this money sitting in the room, while he was somewhere else? This seems hard to believe, especially since it sounds like you guys were aware of the shitty doors in the hotel. And if it was left in the room, don't you think when you first arrived to the room with door open, he would have checked- and then at least mentioned to Oni it was missing? Where else would he have been seperated from his money other than money in room, him outside of room?

Oni, why would you even bother reporting the missing key and money to the state police? you really didn't think it would help you in getting them back in any way whatsoever, did you? Sounds like nothing more than a headache, its not like you file the report to get insuarance coverage. Did you report it before or after the accusation?

Not that this has anything to do with being guilty or not, but Oni, are you trying to tell us if something happened, like say you get in a car wreck in an area away from a military hospital, then you are sol? This is something I would think you would be aware of. I find it hard to imagine that not only are you covered at only military hospitals, but that you actually think this.

ICFire said:
okay, I just read this entire thread and these are my thoughts on the matter. Some of them stated by others.

You say came back to a trashed room with stuff missing yet didn't notify anyone of this. Then you say you didn't notice other stuff was missing till you got home. If I had stuff missing that was important to me I'd be going through everything I had with a fine tooth comb to determine what was missing BEFORE I left for anyplace because you could bet your ass I'd be hunting down someone to let them know about it immediately. Don't expect me to believe you were cash short and you don't check to see if your stashed cash is there before you leave where you're at. I just don't fucking buy it. I call bullshit all over this. You say you talked to people before you left yet you didn't mention that you were missing anything, this again doesn't jibe with me.

Since I don't buy the above this puts anything else you say under suspicion and scrutiny. Not saying you did it but your story is so full of holes it isn't even funny.

Your state police just laughed at you if you actually went to them since it didn't happen in their jurisdiction...

In another thread MissJess related that she saw you leaving with a cart full of computer stuff. Too bad she didn't seem to remember if some of the missing items were on the cart.

You're an idiot, i didnt check the shit till i got home, i didnt expect shit to be missing, maybe thats stupid. Ontop of that, I didnt stash any cash, period. I only noticed missing keys and cds at HOME, I was in no means the right state of mind while being ill.

[POE]-LuLu said:
Seeing how I just came from the military, I am a wee bit confused. But first, I will assume that you are the child of somebody in the military, therefore your coverage will have been different. I know that blah blah blah I am covered for absolutely everything at a military hospital. On the otherhand, if you are in an area where there are no military hospitals (which is what it sounds like) you can go to any emergency room, show your ID, and they will take care of you, and your insurance will pick up the tab, as long as it was an emergency.

Just wanted a clarification, and as I said, I am assuming you are a child of somebody in the military, therefore your coverage would have been different than mine.

**edit** ok... so i suck at english, oh well.

child of retired military, so it is different, i dont have full coverage for non military hospitals. It has to be life threatening emergency, as i dont have "real" insurance, only military, which means they will treat me, with an appt.

Onibushi said:
You're an idiot, i didnt check the shit till i got home, i didnt expect shit to be missing, maybe thats stupid. Ontop of that, I didnt stash any cash, period. I only noticed missing keys and cds at HOME, I was in no means the right state of mind while being ill.

whyd your friend say you were upset upon seeing things missing when you got into the room?

oni, I dont even know why you are giving them more fuel. They already made up their minds, you could say "i like bunnies", and they would interpret that as proof of guilt. Just let the cops handle it.

triple said:
oni, I dont even know why you are giving them more fuel. They already made up their minds, you could say "i like bunnies", and they would interpret that as proof of guilt. Just let the cops handle it.

He does have a point. Oni didn't know stuff was missing, but his friend said he did. Kinda weird isn't it?

Mitch: and once we got there the place was TRASHED
Mitch: we thought cory and his drunk friends we there
Mitch: dude the door was wide open
Mitch: he was really upset becasue a lot of his clothes and some of his shit was gone
Mitch: and am missing 100.00
Mitch: i left it in one of my bags

SweetbabyJ said:
It's possible that the wrong people are being held responsible, I have a friend that gets paranoid sometimes and says stupid shit that makes him look guilty in a situation like this. But a couple things you can help clear if you want Oni.

This guy mitch had $100 stolen. Where did he lose it? Did he just leave this money sitting in the room, while he was somewhere else? This seems hard to believe, especially since it sounds like you guys were aware of the shitty doors in the hotel. And if it was left in the room, don't you think when you first arrived to the room with door open, he would have checked- and then at least mentioned to Oni it was missing? Where else would he have been seperated from his money other than money in room, him outside of room?

Oni, why would you even bother reporting the missing key and money to the state police? you really didn't think it would help you in getting them back in any way whatsoever, did you? Sounds like nothing more than a headache, its not like you file the report to get insuarance coverage. Did you report it before or after the accusation?

Not that this has anything to do with being guilty or not, but Oni, are you trying to tell us if something happened, like say you get in a car wreck in an area away from a military hospital, then you are sol? This is something I would think you would be aware of. I find it hard to imagine that not only are you covered at only military hospitals, but that you actually think this.

apparently it was in one of his bags, he put it there because of a spending problem. its not my responsibility to give a flying fuck if hes lost shit, only keep track of my stuff. sure hes a friend, and friends look out for eachother, but hes no child. I reported my missing keys to the state poliec to appieze my mother, she wanted me to, all a little to leary, on the way home i get a flat, missing keys.. accused of shit.. honestly from a parents standpoint im sure any parent can understand. I thought it was futile beyond appiezing here, although the keychain does have location and name of the dealership where i purchased the car, its an hour or so away and is beyond trouble if someone were into stealing cars. About military hospitals, and coverage, it has to be an emergency, like ER type shit, severe wound that needs dire attention, I knew what was happening to me, its happened before, I just knew i needed to get to a hospital soon. I didnt feel like paying for it, and out of state, i dont get coverage, remembe rpeople i dont live in va.. and i got fucking lost going to taco bell. I'll be the first to admit i suck with getting places unless its on highways

triple said:

ok yea.. i just hate them pullling this shit.. tired of callin gme a criple people? heh..

i do like bunnies btw ;) vab im out of this thread

Onibushi said:
apparently it was in one of his bags, he put it there because of a spending problem. its not my responsibility to give a flying fuck if hes lost shit, only keep track of my stuff. sure hes a friend, and friends look out for eachother, but hes no child. I reported my missing keys to the state poliec to appieze my mother, she wanted me to, all a little to leary, on the way home i get a flat, missing keys.. accused of shit.. honestly from a parents standpoint im sure any parent can understand. I thought it was futile beyond appiezing here, although the keychain does have location and name of the dealership where i purchased the car, its an hour or so away and is beyond trouble if someone were into stealing cars. About military hospitals, and coverage, it has to be an emergency, like ER type shit, severe wound that needs dire attention, I knew what was happening to me, its happened before, I just knew i needed to get to a hospital soon. I didnt feel like paying for it, and out of state, i dont get coverage, remembe rpeople i dont live in va.. and i got fucking lost going to taco bell. I'll be the first to admit i suck with getting places unless its on highways

So the door is wide open and the room is trashed. I find it hard to believe mitch didn't check to see if his money was still there, and if he did, it's unimaginable that he wouldn't say anything about it- at least to you.

I always check my stuff before I leave anywhere to make sure I didnt accidently leave anything behind, not necessarily to see if something was stolen. :shrug:

Onibushi said:
child of retired military, so it is different, i dont have full coverage for non military hospitals. It has to be life threatening emergency, as i dont have "real" insurance, only military, which means they will treat me, with an appt.

boooooo, that sucks. It was nice knowing if a VA hospital wasn't around, I could just go to any other hospital around =) Then again, I was on active duty, so totally different than your situation.

i did not know my shit was missing till me and oni were 30 miles from home. when we walked in that room (we did NOT have to use the key card on the door) the room was trashed i figured it was done by drunks and i did not look around too much i just packed my stuff and i had to pack oni's stuff to and we left.. as a matter of fact we talked to cheater when we were leaving in the main lobby i dont know anyone that would steel shit and then sit there and hold it and talk to the guy that ran the event :shock:

fuck all you people that are blaming us and saying OHH I KNOW THEY DID IT. we had a hell of a ride home and just to get home and see all this shit is very dishearting i DID NOT steel a thing but i dont know about comming back to a community that is so fast to blame fellow gamers once stuff is gone. i am a gamer myself (I HAVE MY OWN PS2 IDIOTS) and i would never steel someones video game stuff that would majorly upset me and if anyone did not pick it up i think of myself as a pretty nice and easy going guy. our roomates did not give us any reason to do shit like that to them sure they were going to leave a whole lot more early then planned but Oni was a bit upset NOT near to the point to even start to take someone else's stuff and when we got back to that room he could not even carry his on shit to the car becasue he was soo sick (i keep telling that boy 4 days of no sleep and then eating junk food will catch up to anybody)

i dont know if i am even going to keep on reading this post after my post (i singed up the moring we got back but it did not leave me post till tonight) but i am not going to fight with you morons that are going to pick apart anything we say like "PIZZA TASTE GOOD" and use that to blame us

thanks for the people that stuck up for us.. its good to know that you guys are around well i am out later

Jazmine said:
I always check my stuff before I leave anywhere to make sure I didnt accidently leave anything behind, not necessarily to see if something was stolen. :shrug:

no shit

i cant leave a hotel without looking over my shoulder with this creepy feeling that im leaving something

speaking for myself theres no way i could leave without checking

Back