The new corvette

Vette owners are going to buy them and think that they can turn off all the driver assist and do the things they did in their older vettes. and it's going to go poorly and be very entertaining for the rest of us

Vette owners are old men who drive them 2000 miles per year and keep the cars in climate controlled garages. That's literally the demographic. That's why they're such a great bargain on the used market. You get a creampuff with low miles for pennies on the dollar.

your statement clearly shows you know nothing about vettes, which explains you not being a fan (or maybe not being a fan causes you to make uneducated statements?).

As a vette owner (I restored the 80 C3 my dad bought new), I like all vettes and other than the C4's (not my style), think they are beautiful cars. Any person who shits on C1's and C2's clearly has never been in one or appreciates classic American sports cars.

Now us educated folks who appreciate vettes recognize each C group has it's ups and downs. Like I said, C4 is my least favorite and I would love to own or restore a C1 (gotta dream big). I fell on love with the C7, and I think the C8 is great and agree with others above that as Chevy starts to open the packages up we'll start to see higher HP, higher prices, and more test data that gets those of you who think it is all in the numbers interested. But give it time.

I was shocked at the base price. My plan was to let the C8 come out and watch all those with the disposable income to buy new shiny things make a run on the C8, trading in their hardly used C7's. I anticipated getting a great deal on a C7 in 2020/21 but this lower price creates new options. Will a base C8 at $60k (call it $65k or $70k by the time dealers get done) create a price drop for C7s? My budget for the C7 was $60k anyway so maybe look at a C8?

Feel free to not like vettes...I will more than balance the scale in my love for them (except those yuppie C4's).

C1 corvettes are crap. If you're all about collecting significant vehicles...cool. If you want something that rides comfortably, no. They ride like a stage coach and generally are under powered. But if you're a collector, sure..i guess

C2 vettes are a little better, but honstly, other than a 63 split window on a 67, nothing all that impressive.

C3's are ok up to 73

74-82 corvettes are piles of shit with a shit filling, sprinkled with turds. Under powered, suspensions that makes jebus cry and arguably one of the ugliest vettes. They all smell like Hi Karate and usually have interiors covered in chest hair.

I think they look great and at that price point there wont be a garage in the suburbs that doesn't have one. The mid-engine will be fun to drive.

it doesn't look like a corvette though

mine - drove as a teen after dad bought it. he gave it to my brother who trashed it so I got it and restored it. Well, custom-restored. Interior is all digital now, custom 350 (395hp) under the hood and swapped out the old tranny for a th400 with OD.

1225141329.jpg

I read some articles where bob lutz had said he’d be in favor of a corvette suv. That’s a possibility we will all have to contend with.

Chevy will probably name it like the corvette crossfire x or something super gay like that

I’m pretty bummed out over the new blazer though. What a missed opportunity to compete against the wrangler and bronco by building yet another generic suv. Shoulda gone balls to the wall with a real frame and solid axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm looking at a new car in ~2 years.

I was previously considering the 718 GT4 or 992 Carrera S. Vette was never on my radar, but after seeing the release I'd be a fool not to test drive the c8 z06.

Back