The Lawsuit Army Marches Onward!

xanthias

Contributor
Veteran XX
Mixed news in the world of Frivolous Suits (TM) today:

1. Winner: MickeyD's :bigthumb:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/862802.asp#BODY
NEW YORK, Jan. 22 — Saying the law is not intended to protect people from their own excesses, a federal judge threw out a class-action lawsuit Wednesday that blamed McDonald’s food for obesity, diabetes and other health problems in children.

2. Winner?: The 'Gay-Straight Alliance' (in high school):closet:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/page1/1747136
The American Civil Liberties Union filed suit in federal court here Wednesday on behalf of a Klein High School lesbian who wants to start a Gay-Straight Alliance, the first time a Texas student has taken such legal action.

3. Winner?: 'Slave descendants' :huh:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/1743670
AUSTIN -- The descendants of Texas slaves plan to file a class-action federal lawsuit today in Galveston against numerous U.S. corporations, accusing them of profiting from slavery.

Against the backdrop of Martin Luther King Jr. festivities Monday in Austin, the Texas NAACP announced plans for the lawsuit against J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., WestPoint Stevens Inc., Union Pacific Railroad and 100 unnamed defendants on allegations that they profited from slavery, which the lawsuit defines as a crime against humanity.

AUSTIN -- The descendants of Texas slaves plan to file a class-action federal lawsuit today in Galveston against numerous U.S. corporations, accusing them of profiting from slavery.

Against the backdrop of Martin Luther King Jr. festivities Monday in Austin, the Texas NAACP announced plans for the lawsuit against J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., WestPoint Stevens Inc., Union Pacific Railroad and 100 unnamed defendants on allegations that they profited from slavery, which the lawsuit defines as a crime against humanity.

I wanna sue this lazy bunch of niggers, if it wasn't for slavery they wouldn't have been shipped out of africa for free to this wonderful country, they OWE the slave traders!

I'm kind of wondering if I shouldn't just go ahead like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" and start writing checks to everyone in the phone book. Might just save some time.

Phantred said:
AUSTIN -- The descendants of Texas slaves
If you read the article, the interesting thing you can glean is how hard they had to look, apparently: the lead plaintiff is 99 years old...

I love all these 20 year old fat niggerdly women with white lawyers who want their cut from some great grandma they never new and wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for some liberal goat sucking teacher preaching in class.

Vacas_Mad_Dog said:
How else is a lawyer supposed to pay for his new car, home and fancy suits.

Now Vacas, this isn't about the money, I'm sure, it MUST about helping poor, disenfranchised [insert pet group here] restore themselves from the blatant [insert your choice: injury, oppression, exploitation, discrimination, disenfranchisement] they have suffered at the hands of evil people like you.

:D

I think that applies to Natives who want their piece of the pie because their great great great grandad was jipped

Why are the governments supposed to pay for this?

I'm a third generation Canadian citizen and any body fucking the natives back then is by no means my ancestor, why am I paying?

I'm all for Natives getting certain benifits, but some of them are outragious.

we already have a Gay-Straight Alliance in our school, when they took a picture of the club and put it in the school newspaper, the straight people that were in the picture wernt very "gay" about the situation lol

back to the point, fucking niggers

Wayda trivialize the deaths fo 600,000 Americans by demanding restitution for something that happened 140 years ago.

I think im going downtown adn play me some brick.

I dont dismiss what happened during the slavery period, there were a lot of africans killed. however, it happened over 400 years ago, and the whole period was only something like 70 years in the states. If thats true, shit...my ancestors were native american and welsh, i need to be gettin some cash because my people were wronged many times...granted that was damn near a century ago..but wtf!?!?!?!

Wait a min.

I got an idea! Let's give the blacks reparations!

no wait... hear me out.

we cut each nigger a small check, only going to the people who can PROVE they were decendants of the slaves. They get their reparations and everyone is happy.

Now that we's made up for past offenses, they no longer have the right to bitch. We can do away with airmative action, ALL government money going to black issues and groups, eliminate the "head start programs", the overburdend welfare system, and all the other handouts they are getting. We can also do away with black history month, MLK Jr day, etc...

The reparations will pay for themslves in a matter of years.

Back