Thanks for the Vistas, Microsoft! But....

HP, Gateway, Toshiba, etc. They all use that BS. I fucking hate it.

Dell OS CD/DVD's ftw.

dell does it as well.

or at least 10 years ago when i got my first PC they did. I remember after i replaced some parts it would no longer work and they told me i was pretty much fucked.

Sounds like your gaming PC would have no issues running Vista. :shrug: To each his own though. I've had Vista for a good long while now and love it.

if you don't want to send them to me, just wait until after christmas and return them to best-buy or something

Good thing you have 3 computers. Faggot.

6, actually. I have a work laptop running XP, my gaming machine runs XP, my HTPC runs XP, my living room comp runs XP, my studio comp runs XP, and my webserver runs Linux.

Incidentally, the web server is a Celeron 700 that was my Tribes 1 machine. Abit BH6 FTW. It's been online for 10 years now. It still has ISA slots :lol:

6, actually. I have a work laptop running XP, my gaming machine runs XP, my HTPC runs XP, my living room comp runs XP, my studio comp runs XP, and my webserver runs Linux.

Incidentally, the web server is a Celeron 700 that was my Tribes 1 machine. Abit BH6 FTW. It's been online for 10 years now. It still has ISA slots :lol:
Vista is really nice on an HTPC, especially with TV Pack 1 installed.

I have Vista installed on my laptop that I use a development machine...no problems so far, although it irritates me that just firing up Visual Studio I get the UAC popup.

I also have it installed on my HTPC. Radeon 9600 and a Celeron with 2 gigs. Plays stuff just fine.

I installed it. It runs a lot better then XP did. I've had no issues at all, everything is running a lot better actually.

I plan to install mine this weekend. Obviously vista had a rough start (like XP) but seems once tweeked (UAC off, etc), runs as good, or better than, XP

I reformatted to Vista a couple of months ago, my only regret is that i didn't do it sooner. It works great, and yes I game a lot.

Back