[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

BFGanksta said:
T2 bases are fine as long as the flag isn't buried deep inside it like recalesence.

lol the most fun I ever had on that map was when our team set up 2 different bases of our own in theirs, and held our own the entire map. A good mix of shielded heavies and some cloaked lights truely made for a fun offensive time in that overly defensive game.

BFGanksta said:
T2 bases are fine as long as the flag isn't buried deep inside it like recalesence.
MMMM i had some fun on recalescence, if someone wants to make it, that would be a good way to encourage teamwork :roller:

Update on my Map pack: I'll be dropping the map Devil's Backbone while it is in this early state. I'll get the mappack out tonight hopefully, if not tonight then tomorrow night. The reason is that I am going to start on some maps soon specifically for the Upcoming Renegades TC, we got a great team and I'm looking forward to what I can do with the mod. If I can get permission to sneak out screens I will. They'll be alot better than the stuff I've been releasing so far, in terms of look as well as gameplay.

-SJ

Day 2 of Rollercoaster. I'm working out some bugs atm, it should be ready for beta testing in 2-3 days.

coaster5.jpg

Geiss said:
sweet work arc. did you find out about those invisible FFs or are you just gonna scrap the idea...

While I was at work today I thought of a new theory that may stop it. Right now I left the forcefields in as a warning. If they want to do the workaround, they can suffer the consequences of having the flag trapped in the base. :shrug:

YES! I figured it out. By placing a shazbotload of forcefields in the base, it makes it impossible for them to pick it up.

The good news is that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to turtle on this map, I might make a new tutorial on how to disallow turtling on maps altogether :).

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It has some flaws when rendering explosions, lower FPS. So I'm scraping the idea. I'll come up with something else.

Last edited:
whats the big deal about turtling on a map like rollercoaster...?
whats the big deal in general? Turtling is fine as far as i can tell, your base is your haven, if you are being hunted by the other team, use your base.

one of the main things he was worrying about was, what if the capper is inside, and the gens go back up? cant get the flag thru the barrier then...

BrEaDmAn86 said:
lol the most fun I ever had on that map was when our team set up 2 different bases of our own in theirs, and held our own the entire map. A good mix of shielded heavies and some cloaked lights truely made for a fun offensive time in that overly defensive game.
Making your own mini-base inside their bases GEN ROOM is fine, but NEEDING your own mini-base to get their flag is just annoying.

I've played recalesence and camped the gens for a whole map, but still the match ended in a tie because of the flag being so inaccessible. Recalesence with the flag outside wouldn't be that bad.

Geiss said:
one of the main things he was worrying about was, what if the capper is inside, and the gens go back up? cant get the flag thru the barrier then...
the flag can be set to be allowed through energy barriers, problem solved.

Here's how the map (Acheron) is coming along:

Imperial Base-
acheron_scrn2.png

Blood Eagle Base-
acheron_scrn3.png

Next is adding in game objects and doodads to fancy up the terrain.

I'll probably start working on some underground parts for each base then after that.

Each team will have an assault ship and probably a rover.

Last edited:
SmOkkin' Joe said:
the flag can be set to be allowed through energy barriers, problem solved.

As far as I can understand, the flag & FF setting is hardcoded. Which colision setting are you refering to that lets the carrier pass through the FF's?

The reason why I don't want the flag in the base at all is if your teams flag carrier enters your base, and someone else on your team repairs the gens, the flag carrier is stuck and they can't get it outside unless they wait for the timeout for it to be returned. You'd have to get the other team to bring down your gens to get it outside.

While it's kind of a consequence I think that it could cause alot of confusion in pubs. There is a basic workaround to throwing the flag past these invisible FF's that don't let you walk through, but I guess thats kind of a warning that the flag shouldn't be in your base.

Back