SUPERCOMPUTER OWNERS - AM I WRONG?!

are you running a Z-series chipset?
and if so, are you using it for ssd caching?

I have 1TB worth of SSD storage. WTF DO I NEED SSD CACHING FOR?!

*sigh*

GET A LIFE MORON!

I have 2TB worth of SSD Storage. I use SSD Caching.

1: I still have a mechanical disk, that is cached by an old 128GB drive.
2: The SSDs are cached by 16GB of RAM. As fast as SSDs are, RAM is quicker, and at present, 85.8% of my 514.83GB of reads from my C: drive and all the 130.26GB of writes to it have been via that RAM.

Before we get into actually setting up SSD caching, there are a few things to note: First, a platter hard drive is required since the benefits of SSD caching are completely non-existent if you already using a SSD as your primary drive.

Do you play with ambient occlusion and spot shadow detail maxed?! Volumetric lighting and dynamic spot shadows enabled?! Disable those four settings and I bet you rarely drop below 120FPS! AND THE GAME (ARGUABLY) DOESN’T LOOK ANY WORSE!

^ this is the crap that chews frames

the argument is ur SSDs are old and slow and shitty so u should be exploring every option available 2 make them not awful but ok enjoy ur piece of shit computer

Before we get into actually setting up SSD caching, there are a few things to note: First, a platter hard drive is required since the benefits of SSD caching are completely non-existent if you already using a SSD as your primary drive.

Platter -> SSD -> RAM

cheap & slow -> expensive & fast.

Caching an HDD to SSD to RAM (eg, what PrimoCache can do) can effectively make your spinning disk HDD faster than an SSD, albeit with a few caveats.

Back