SUPERCOMPUTER OWNERS - AM I WRONG?!

Your computer looks good enough to hang. The problem I think is the rx580 never been impressed with the numbers I think my 290x still outperforms it. You could throw that money toward a 1070ti and sell the 580 and you should be smooth as butter..

or.....

Just up your money limit a little and you can snatch up one of the deals they have been running constantly on slickdeals for a AMD Ryzen 2700, strix motherboard, and ram or SDD for $250-$280 then grab a 1070 for like $300 or grab a used 1070ti for $399.

I think you’re right! This CPU CAN HANDLE MORE POWER!

But maybe I should just accept the RX580 is the perfect fuckin’ fit and 80-120 FPS isn’t that bad!

$1000 to hit 144 just seems dumb!

Last edited:
Jesus christ how poor are you jer just upgrade cpu and entire mobo gpu at once

Ill fucking pay for it you wasted more time debating it

Your wasting more $ trying to fix an old system

Says the guy too busy trying to hook up with midgedubai

HUGE UPGRADE!

From 8GB to 16GB 2133Mhz RAM!

I guess the page swapping or whatever was taking place is no longer!

“Insane” textures (8GB VRAM REQUIRED!), 16x AF, high shadow details, medium effects, whatever else that can be “disabled”... Minimum FPS: 90!

WOW! 16GBs of RAM has improved my minimums by 20%! AND I INCREASED SETTINGS!

Last edited:
HUGE UPGRADE!

From 8GB to 16GB 2133Mhz RAM!

I guess the page swapping or whatever was taking place is no longer!

“Insane” textures (8GB VRAM REQUIRED!), 16x AF, high shadow details, medium effects, whatever else that can be “disabled”... Minimum FPS: 90!

WOW! 16GBs of RAM has improved my minimums by 20%! AND I INCREASED SETTINGS!

Your RX580 has 8GB of VRAM, even if you've upgraded with 16GB of normal RAM. Might pay to tweak those texture settings down a touch. I run max textures with 22GB of VRAM.

Your computer looks good enough to hang. The problem I think is the rx580 never been impressed with the numbers I think my 290x still outperforms it. You could throw that money toward a 1070ti and sell the 580 and you should be smooth as butter..

or.....

Just up your money limit a little and you can snatch up one of the deals they have been running constantly on slickdeals for a AMD Ryzen 2700, strix motherboard, and ram or SDD for $250-$280 then grab a 1070 for like $300 or grab a used 1070ti for $399.

for the money and for gaming buying a 2700 is :ftard:

ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x if u don't feel like OC'ing and ur in the $$$

for gaming buying a ryzen is derp
if u were running a workstation and budget was your primary concern then maybe it would be feasible tho

I have a ryzen 7 1700 16 gigs of RAM and a 1070ti and fps jumps between 90 and 144 depending on location in Apex legends.

Do you play with ambient occlusion and spot shadow detail maxed?! Volumetric lighting and dynamic spot shadows enabled?! Disable those four settings and I bet you rarely drop below 120FPS! AND THE GAME (ARGUABLY) DOESN’T LOOK ANY WORSE!

Last edited:
Back