Stupid PS4 question because I am stupid.

well my 0 feedback buyer came thru

everythings all finalized, she gave me feedback and moneys all processed

thnx for the feedback bout ur 0 feedback buyers haggis + others

vozznaD.png

well my 0 feedback buyer came thru

everythings all finalized, she gave me feedback and moneys all processed

thnx for the feedback bout ur 0 feedback buyers haggis + others

vozznaD.png
Hope they at least had a Verified Paypal account (assuming they paid with PayPal). As long as you made it clear there were no returns and you have tracking proof that it was delivered you're usually fine though. The only thing that could really happen to you now is that they do a chargeback on PayPal (especially if they're not verified).

PayPal said:
How can a seller recover funds when a chargeback occurs?

When a chargeback occurs, the money that is subject to the chargeback is deducted from PayPal's bank account. In turn, PayPal places a temporary hold on the same amount in the seller's PayPal balance (i.e., the funds related to the transaction are frozen).

The seller and PayPal can work together to investigate the chargeback with the buyer's credit card company. While the chargeback is being investigated, PayPal will debit the seller for the amount in question. If the investigation is resolved in favor of the seller with the credit card company, the credit card company will reimburse PayPal for the chargeback and PayPal will transfer the recovered funds back to the seller. Depending on the credit card company involved, the process may take up to 75 calendar days. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the credit card company and PayPal cannot control the outcome.

How do PayPal and the seller work together to investigate a chargeback with the buyer's credit card company?

Sellers can provide PayPal with evidence to dispute the chargeback through the Resolution Center, by email at chargeback-response@paypal.com, or fax. PayPal uses this evidence plus any evidence PayPal may already have to investigate the chargeback with the buyer's credit card company. Because of deadlines imposed by the credit card companies, sellers must respond quickly (usually within three calendar days) once they are notified of a chargeback. Response deadlines can be found in the email PayPal sends to the seller when notifying them of a chargeback.

PayPal reserves the right not to dispute a chargeback even if the seller has provided some evidence, particularly if PayPal believes the dispute is not likely to be successful.

What are some best practices for avoiding chargeback losses?

• Follow the Seller Protection Policy guidelines by retaining proof of postage that can be tracked online and delivering to the buyer's address listed on the Transaction Details page.
  • Describe the item that you are selling in as much detail as possible and as accurately as possible. Include pictures, measurements (if applicable) and other relevant specifics.
  • Make every effort to know your customer and to respond promptly to any customer service requests.
  • Keep as much information as you can about the transaction and your customer, including any emails or other correspondence.
  • Publish your return policy in your auction listings or on your website. Also include your policy in email correspondence with your customer. Please note that certain laws and credit card issuer policies provide that buyers may have chargeback rights for merchandise that is not delivered or is defective, even if your policy indicates that all sales are final and that you do not allow returns.

What information can a seller provide to increase the chances of winning a chargeback dispute?

Some types of information that sellers can provide to PayPal to increase the chances of winning a chargeback include:

• Proof of postage or delivery, such as online tracking numbers
  • Copies of the original item description or auction description, including any photos
  • Proof that the buyer was already refunded
  • Proof that the buyer was provided with a replacement product
  • Correspondence with the buyer or feedback from the buyer
  • Any agreements signed or accepted by the buyer at time of purchase
  • Any returns policy that was communicated to the buyer

Last edited:
well I was wrong

people are paying stupid money for these things despite all the reports that there will be plenty to get before christmas

sigh

I could've gone to Best Buy at 8am today and walked out with one

Last edited:
well I was wrong

people are paying stupid money for these things despite all the reports that there will be plenty to get before christmas

sigh

I could've gone to Best Buy at 8am today and walked out with one
On eBay I only see people paying around $150-$200 above retail for the XB1/PS4 (stock bundles, no games or etc. included).

If you add the tax you would have paid and subtract the 13% or so cut that PayPal/eBay would take you only profit around $30 if I'm doing the math right. Not really worth the effort IMO (but I'm lazy :weird:).

I'm still unsure why people are paying over for these. I've seen them at like every store I've been in.

On eBay I only see people paying around $150-$200 above retail for the XB1/PS4 (stock bundles, no games or etc. included).

If you add the tax you would have paid and subtract the 13% or so cut that PayPal/eBay would take you only profit around $30 if I'm doing the math right. Not really worth the effort IMO (but I'm lazy :weird:).

yea very true

13% ebay/paypal, $30 sales tax paid, plus shipping and insurance (probably around $30-40). You have to get to like $550 or higher before you even make a dime off it. The majority of the base console w/ no bundle I am seeing are selling for $575-625 (with shipping included). So people are making like $25-75, meh

And I still imagine a larger than normal percentage of those will end in fraud of some sort. Like maybe 5% instead of 1% or something

Back