[Star Citizen] Basic Game Package for $20

I'm sick of hearing about the guy, he's never made anything worth a shit, the simple fact shitty websites keep giving him a platform to spout crap is nauseating. His gripes about Star Citizen not being an open book is fucking hilarious. The game is pre-alpha and they have the balls to let people play it, most developers are scared to let people play Betas.

maybe ive only seen a small % of all the vids... which focus on the obviously amazing gameplay mechanics

but do they plan to actually populate the universe with some sort of rich diverse alien civilizations conflicting, allying, creating, etc backed by a sophisticated AI. as well as be other species (not just the boring humans presented)... so you can actually feel immersed in a scifi universe (like star trek/star wars/etc).

otherwise its just a glorified take on EVE with fps mode. which isnt bad either.

Last edited:
Short answer, yes. Multiple alien species including a violent nomad race that the main human government is at war with.

The 4 powers that populate the Star Citizen universe are The Human Empire (Players with NPC), The Vanduul (NPC hostile to players), The Banu (NPC loosely allied with the players), and the Xi'An (NPC's neutral to the players).

The players will dwell mostly in The Human Empire which will initially be the most developed playable areas, with the remaining 3 territories being neighboring regions less developed for gameplay but used for narrative. Later after release, Cloud Imperium will probably build these areas out into more complete settings.

Last edited:
I still don't doubt this game will be released - I just don't know if I actually will want to play it when it is.

Seems that way. Probably going to push an US vs Them mentality so noobs know who to shoot on sight.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14883-Retaliator-Modules-Available

They're selling parts of a ship for the price you would pay for a single game (if not more).

I don't see how anyone could think this isn't taking advantage of people nerding out to the idea of this game.

Oh but you'll be able to buy that stuff with in game currency, and no mention of how much time you would need to sink into it before you would have enough to buy a virtual toilet seat on your space ship.

People are free to spend their money on whatever they want but I just don't see this ending well.

wow $150 for the ship and the around $75 per module

hooooleeeeey shit

At that price I want a bar/rollerdisco and a jacuzzi/Asian handjob massage module for my ship

Back