SSBB is a pretty decent game

I don't think it's good to jump the gun on the MP lag right now. I mean the game isn't even officially out.

Other fighting games can have online. Smash Brothers Brawl will, too. =P

50ms is way too much lag to handle the quickness of super smash bros

like, quake3 was totally worthless if you weren't on lan

p.s. i am just making up excuses for wii's shitty online feature

50ms is way too much lag to handle the quickness of super smash bros

like, quake3 was totally worthless if you weren't on lan

p.s. i am just making up excuses for wii's shitty online feature

The game has been slowed down a bit. I think 50 is doable for brawl.

I don't think it's good to jump the gun on the MP lag right now. I mean the game isn't even officially out.

Other fighting games can have online. Smash Brothers Brawl will, too. =P

The Japanese version has been out for over a month. I'm not sure if they have complained about lag, but if they have we are pretty much screwed considering how much smaller Japan is.

This isn't jumping the gun at all. People such as I have already tested the net play. The host gets no lag, where I was personally getting about a half a second of lag.

Like I said, I really hope it was just the particular people I have been playing with.

Also, 50ms of lag is not too much lag for fighting games. That's only about 1 frame of lag, which is acceptable especially for a game with no just-frame links... (Unfortunately, the lag feels like 10x that as it is.)

Last edited:
Damn good game IMO, I managed to get 3rd in one of the pre-release tournaments so Nintendo is effectively paying for my copy of the game (100$ Best Buy gift card as prize)

I'll see if I can get network play working for mine.

ahh zanick will probably kill me for what happened...but we had pre-lims for the tournament which was gay in itself (3 minute multi-man melee in ssbm) I got 132, zanick with 128, we definitely made top 16

we were expecting calls, but guess they didnt do it (retarded) and expected everyone to get there at 10 (retarded x 2)

oh well, gonna get it soon

just got back, i went undefeated 3 rounds in a row before I walked away, first time playing a SSB since the n64 days.

but i got wiped out round 1 in the tourney by a few fucking percent points, neck and neck up to 150% and he just landed a good smash at the right time and won. :/ good round though.

man, i'm really digging samus. most of her B-attacks aren't that strong, but they're very quick, and it seems like her A-attacks are a lot more powerful than most other characters.

plus she's sexy and fast and hard to hit.

man, i'm really digging samus. most of her B-attacks aren't that strong, but they're very quick, and it seems like her A-attacks are a lot more powerful than most other characters.

plus she's sexy and fast and hard to hit.

Shes great at dealing damage, but her KO potential sucks. She pretty much only has the back air.

scuse me, imma go get my copy.

or were you talking about zero-suit?

going to get my copy now... back in about 1/2 hour... EB Games are selling at midnight as well.

online doesn't seem like it has much lag from what I've seen. Granted, it was just between systems in the building, but there was zero lag.

also, I've discovered that Ike is a fucking amazing character, kinda broken. Very slow, has a shitty save, but he hits KO's like nothing else and can take a ton of damage (I was averaging deaths at 175%, with quite a few in the mid-200s against 3 others that were trying to kill me)

Also, the story mode is kinda easy, but hard in parts. It's quite long as well (well, for a game like SSBB). I think about 10 or so hours total

Shes great at dealing damage, but her KO potential sucks. She pretty much only has the back air.

scuse me, imma go get my copy.

or were you talking about zero-suit?

yeah, you're not going to be knocking people off the screen edge, I think i've done that once in the dozen or so rounds with her. but i've won all the others by just beating the piss out of people until they fall off the bottom.

Back