SSBB is a pretty decent game

5412-9538-4838

smashboards has an app that appears to be potentially useful for this.. shows people who are currently on and looking to play
SWF Friend Finder

Last edited:
i am borrowing a wii, getting the game tomorrow, getting MY wii monday (friend has it in box, gotta pay him for it)

got alot of homework to do tho, 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to finish final projects for all my classes

*edit*
reno: very few places. they arent supposed to. u gotta go to the places and check, i doubt they would tell u over the phone.

Last edited:
Online play seems to be inevitably laggy. Just played a few 1v1 matches with a friend in the same city, and it was pretty bad.

I haven't seen any weird desync behaviors yet.. just high latency in everything.

I can't imagine online play being anything but laggy. A LAN is the only thing fast enough to deal with the superfast responses of this game.

Best Buy's Sunday newspaper ad says the stores will have Wiis in stock! I'll pick one up tomorrow along with SSB tomorrow at opening.

The question is, should I get another game too...hmmm. Maybe Galaxy or Zelda.

Last edited:
How much better then the prior games is it? It seems like most people like it more, is that just because of all the extra features or is the core of the game even better too?

I can't really say if the core game is better or worse than previous smashes. Even tho they are all similar, the gameplay differences are like apples to oranges. All different, but all great. The biggest improvement imo is that the character balance is soooo much better. All the characters play very different, yet there are almost no characters I hate or think are useless.

And then there is the single player and an amazing sound track.

Someone said:
If you have people added in you wii friends list and you both have brawl, it will auto add them to your smash bros friend list.

Really? Source?

This sounds likea nice solution to the whole individual game codes dilema.

I can't really say if the core game is better or worse than previous smashes. Even tho they are all similar, the gameplay differences are like apples to oranges. All different, but all great. The biggest improvement imo is that the character balance is soooo much better. All the characters play very different, yet there are almost no characters I hate or think are useless.

And then there is the single player and an amazing sound track.

Yeah, I was playing with a bunch of different characters to see how over/under powered they were

one amazing add on they did was the smash ball, that shit is fun. A few seconds of absolute destruction from the person who was able to get it and use it in time.

a friend of mine that works at a bestbuy said that his store got a shipment last night.

smash bros is the kind of game that'll come in a few days early to make sure that the stores have it on release day.

I know my gamestop has it. saw all the nice big boxes in their back room.

gonna go chill down there with the ex boss shortly so i can have my copy at 12 sharp.

I'll go ahead and confirm some pretty bad lag as well. Might have been the people I played against, however it's certainly not going to be a replacement for going and meeting people to play.

Hopefully the 'easy brawl' feature works better. Haven't been able to try it because of the lack of players in the US before now.

Back