SS:2845 ATR has been uploaded

It has jetpacks, they just aren't enabled for the atr.

Woot Trajan can't wait to try them out! I played for a short while today hosting a private game to get familiar with it and really liked it. It has a few bugs and did crash on me, but I expected this for an Alpha release. Looking forward to seeing a great Tribes mod for this one.:) :rocker:

http://www.starsiege2845.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14493

Asphodel (2845 DEV) said:
You might have seen some of the devs talking about an upcoming patch that will address the crashing. In this patch, we plan on including a couple of very important planned features that did not make the ATR build deadline, though the main focus will be to fix the stability issues of the feature-set that we already have. We are fairly certain that there will be one more patch after the first initial one that will be gameplay focused. The nature of this first patch is to address the really critical problems that detract from the existing gameplay. We have no hard date set for the release of this, though we estimate that with help from the tester gameplay logs we willl be able to get the patch built and shipped out the door in a matter of days.

Sounds encouraging. Anyone that played it today will know that it is crash prone. If you are looking forward to some real gameplay, I'd suggest you wait until the patch comes out. Otherwise, it's worth downloading just to check out the art work and to get a taste.

Skiing would be next to impossible to fake via scripting me thinks. Dunno I might have a go at it.
The player jump delay is huge, and there is no frictionless option for the player afaik, so that will probably be the case.

The dev team has access to the T2 source, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to ctrl+v ctrl+p some of the skiing/jets into the game ;)

Skiing code is stupidly easy to do, regardless of whether you have the T2 source or not, so putting it in the game at a later date is not the issue, it just doesnt seem possible script-wise with the current ATR.

Skiing code is stupidly easy to do, regardless of whether you have the T2 source or not, so putting it in the game at a later date is not the issue, it just doesnt seem possible script-wise with the current ATR.
Skiing may be retardedly easy to add, but it's a little harder to do right.

By the way, the original SS2845 Jet code was a quick impulse script hack, nothing more.

Or apply to help us do this...

I didn't see this post until now :x

Anyway, I am already on the Dev team of a commercial project so I could not dedicate myself to another, especially for nothing in return.

What I can do is work on it in my spare time and promise nothing and be held accountable to no one :)

The only time this has crashed was when I was binding my keys. There were only a few issues there, but other than that it ran smoothly for the one hour that I played it.

The game is unstable and rough around the edges, but it is fun and they have a great game on their hands. I cannot wait to see how this game turns out. I can certainly see me sacrificing much free time to it.

I didn't see this post until now :x

Anyway, I am already on the Dev team of a commercial project so I could not dedicate myself to another, especially for nothing in return.

What I can do is work on it in my spare time and promise nothing and be held accountable to no one :)

I didnt even get a response to the application when I applied

*sniff* *sniff*

/me goes away to cry

I didnt even get a response to the application when I applied

*sniff* *sniff*

/me goes away to cry

I recommend you try again. They have, at various times, either been so swamped with work that such details were completely ignored, or reticent about hiring new people because of all of the duds they've had to deal with. If you genuinely have the time and skills to spend, then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get in. It's not like the game's going to be finished anytime soon ;)

Back