[Speaking of robots] Tesla self-driving car update next month

On the one hand, it's been awesome living in the generation of being in control of muscle cars. On the other hand it would be awesome to wake up in the morning and step into a car that drives me to work while I get my head around the day.
and ya
i can see truck drivers becoming "conductors" of sorts, and big rigs eventually becoming driverless.

Last edited:
The self-driving car will likely affect the truck shipping industry first, and saturate that over the next 3-7 years or so, then taxi services, then finally start hitting the consumer market in a meaningful way in about 10-15 years is my guess.

Could they put out a car next year that drives itself in regular traffic? Almost certainly, but there's too much BS to work out with liability and other drivers and proving who's at fault.

Still, considering self-driving technology and electric vehicles, people that drive trucks for a living are seriously fucked, and not by 2050, but as soon as 2020. Same for most factory workers as a result of more intelligent robotics, etc.

/invests in Skynet
/welcomes robot overlords

Back