[(#)SOCCER] The Official 2010-2011 Soccer Thread

OlbFl.gif

awesome how there are a couple missing frames in there

I'm not saying it's not necessarily a dive, but it's pretty clear the gif skips a bit around the key moment(s)

edit: this looks like a better actual representation (still appears to be a dive)

That said, if it's a dive - then he's some crazy ass athlete to manage to reverse his momentum on his own like that in such a fluid motion

running and kicking forward into spinning backwards and doing nearly a 360 in the air off of one foot

Last edited:

I'm not saying it's not necessarily a dive, but it's pretty clear the gif skips a bit around the key moment(s)

Aye. There wasnt much contact but that's beside the point. He's coming in almost knee height with an extended foot.
Had it connected properly he could've fucked his leg up. The red card can be defended but for me it was a yellow.

Also talking about divers. How about Di Maria? :lol: That fucking goblin will fall over if the winds blows at him.

yeah, I don't think it was a red either but I don't think many of the fans whining have much of a leg to stand on with regards to indignation over diving.

yep

Pepe could have gotten a red in any of the last two classicos as well. But he didn't even have a yellow. Don't claim to be a Real fan then act all fucking surprised when your risky phsyical play gets punished by the referee. And please don't bitch about barca playing for calls when they're really only fighting fire with fire.

What the fuck you do you expect them to do, not try to get calls? When Real clearly is? Where's the slow-mo GIF of Pepe jumping in the air prior to getting hit to sell a tackle? Wheres the slow-mo gif of adebayor facewashing barca players one after the other?

Even if Alves embellished, it doesn't make Pepe's tackle any more legal.

edit :lol:

Xavi Hernandez, though, believes Barca's success was a victory for football as Madrid had set up to defend on home turf.
"Football won," he told Sport. "Justice has been done. The only team who wanted to play and go out to attack was us. The result was fair. It never entered my head to do what Madrid did. Barca wouldn't allow it.
"I don't want to talk of Mourinho. I want to talk of Barca - we were better and played a great game."
Xavi also had little doubt that the referee was correct in sending off Pepe. "Pepe's sending-off was right," he added. "It was a challenge that cannot be allowed. It was ugly and could have caused damage. It's a red card."

Last edited:

edit: this looks like a better actual representation (still appears to be a dive)

That said, if it's a dive - then he's some crazy ass athlete to manage to reverse his momentum on his own like that in such a fluid motion

running and kicking forward into spinning backwards and doing nearly a 360 in the air off of one foot

Don't forget, he even fucking gets a STRETCHER to come carry him off the field

350x.jpg

And how about these gems, one of which draws a yellow card:

Yeah, that's a fucking red card. But he only got yellow. Obviously the ref was on RMs side.

Ed: He's even like "WHAT NOW?!" and then "O shit the football"

He played Özil as striker, Pepe as midfielder. Diarra at all. Superdefensive vs Barca AT HOME. Intentionally got a red card so he could bash the refs more.

he played diarra because kheidra was injured. diarra is a like for like replacement. this is considered a fuck up?

pepe as a midfielder has been the sole reason madrid has had success vs barca, and in every article pepe has been considered the most important player for real. messi plays between the lines, and pepe is deployed there to stick to him. if you truly consider playing pepe in the midfield to mark messi a fuck up, state it again so its clear you have no clue what youre talking about

ozil was not played as a striker. ronaldo was. it was a straight forward 4-3-3 and ozil played in his true position, a false 9 + winger

all mourinho did to get a red was smile at the ref and applaud him. he didnt shove anyone, curse at anyone, physically harm a water bottle, he did nothing.

just wait till man utd play barca, at home, at wembley, anywhere. they basically shove 10 guys behind the halfcourt line and play purely on the counter. at least mourinho had his men press and attack. utd will literally sit back the entire time

Last edited:
he actually said well done to the ref multiple times, winked at him, and applauded

sry u dont like facts

edit: heres the stomp i mentioned before

i think it was intentional

Last edited:
He'd be better off using Granero for real. To get the red Mourinho smiled and did a thumbs up. And yeah RM really pressed and attacked. That's why Ronaldo got pissy because he didn't get any backup by the others. Basically Mourinho resigned before the game even started.

Ed: What the vid said.

Back