So what is it like in Vancouver?

{CN}DarthMaul

Veteran X
So I'm kinda getting sick of LA and thinking about going for a job in Vancouver, BC. Never been there so was looking for some advice about how it is there?? Busy? Clean? People friendly?? that sort of thing..

Depends on the area of Vancouver you'll be spending your time in. Downtown Vancouver, North and West Van are fantastic places. East Van is kinda less fantastic, and some areas of East Van are downright dangerous.

I live in Van. The winters can be rough with all the rain, but hit the mountains for some skiing/snowbaording and it's all good.
Summers here are awesome, lot's of hot women.

What are you talking about? I've walked home to the West End from the Astoria Hotel at 2 in the morning in a Santa suit and never had a problem.

When I visited vancouver, I checked out a jazz festival in the gaslamp or whatever area. I parked a couple blocks away. In the 2 blocks, I walked over 1 hypodermic needle, passed 3 cracked out hookers, a group of 2 strung out druggies eating moldy bread off of a piece of cardboard, and one guy that projectile vomited between swigs from his bottle of booze.

I stayed in a quaint victorian bed n breakfast place in a very pretty area though.

When I visited vancouver, I checked out a jazz festival in the gaslamp or whatever area. I parked a couple blocks away. In the 2 blocks, I walked over 1 hypodermic needle, passed 3 cracked out hookers, a group of 2 strung out druggies eating moldy bread off of a piece of cardboard, and one guy that projectile vomited between swigs from his bottle of booze.

I stayed in a quaint victorian bed n breakfast place in a very pretty area though.

Sounds like a typical day in Gastown.

Job would be on West 3rd Ave...

Where abouts on West 3rd?

Eh.
Crackheads aren't that dangerous. Just try not to look like a hypodermic needle.

Canada is too nice to be dangerous.

oh, also, I ate at a mexican restaurant that several people recommended just because I figured it would be the furthest from mexico that I'd be in a while and wanted to see how bad it was.

I've never had such horrendously bland mexican food. It definately lived up to my expectations!

oh, and whats up with all the white people working at mcdonalds? That was weird too.

Back