So tired of getting hit up for donations

Java

Contributor
Veteran XX
over the phone
In front of the grocery store (most hated)
At the checkout line (oh just a dollar for muscular dystrophy...)

/rant

I had a woman come by yesterday to ask me to donate to help stop the air pollution from our coal power plants. Yes I would like to donate to your cause of doubling my electric bill. That sounds great.

I had a woman come by yesterday to ask me to donate to help stop the air pollution from our coal power plants. Yes I would like to donate to your cause of doubling my electric bill. That sounds great.

i believe in that cause, i'm just skeptical of the donor's ability to actually do anything about it with my money

tumblr_lg9v91hB4j1qz7lxdo1_500.gif

i believe in that cause, i'm just skeptical of the donor's ability to actually do anything about it with my money

That's pretty much the reason not to give money to donation solicitors. I prefer to research a charity before I donate.

The phone ones kill me. It's not like I can tell the difference between the millions of phone scammers and someone legitimate.

Say no, move on.

^^ This. I donate when I want.. but if I see a person on the streets Ill toss him some change. Whats he gonna do? Get booze and drugs.. same thing I was gonna do anyway. Atleast that way I know hes getting the money, and not some charrity digging there greedy hands into as well.

send one check a year to anything

write it off on your taxes

end of donation obligation

net profit loss to you = $0.00

send one check a year to anything

write it off on your taxes

end of donation obligation

net profit loss to you = $0.00

Deductions are subtracted from your adjusted gross income and multiplied by your effective tax rate. Unless your effective tax rate is 100%, you're still losing money.

did a business change of address on my sales taxes a few months ago... got calls for about 2 months 5-10 times per day asking for donation for various law enforcement. I ask all of them to take me off their list, but I still get 2 or 3 calls a month.

Was pretty fucking pissed I donated to the first call.

donating is a waste of time because once they get your info they'll prob spend more than you donated on materials to solicit you for more donations

Our plants are of course already incredibly clean :shrug:

Hippies in search of a meaning in life.

Also....

:wave: Crit !

If I'm checking out at the store I will usually ask them if they match the donation... I'll give if they say yes.

They rarely say yes.

Back